My Wife's 22nd TC Marathon!

>> Wednesday, October 05, 2022

I did my 10th TC 10 Mile on Sunday, and my wife did her 22nd TC Marathon! Here are a few random pics from her day:


We found Mama's name at the Marathon Expo.


After she dropped me off at my race, she still had an hour before hers.



I finished my race and got home to Henry. (Charlie was at Grandma's with my sister-in-law's family.) We both ate the rolls that my parents got us from the day before:


Mine was an apple pie long john and Henry's was a s'more donut!

We watched a little of the Vikings (extra early in the day because it was being played in London), and then planned on biking down the hill to see Mama around mile 21 of her race:


Herny's sign.


I didn't get a photo of it happening, but we watched someone change the GREEN
flag to a RED flag because it had gotten so warm for the marathoners! Yikes!


Raking cups.


We found her! She was not having a great time.

Henry and I hopped back on our bikes and went up the hill to find her again. We found her around mile 22 or 23:


Henry ran with them for 2 blocks. Mama's running partner Britta is not having a good time.


A selfie in the shade at the finish!


With her running/training partner Britta!


At home with Henry and his sign.


Her splits. Note that her pace slows because of the heat, but yet her overall place
kept dropping for most of the race (in green) as the heat was getting EVERYONE!

She was hoping for 4:30 - 5:00, so she's not too bummed with her 4:55 on a day that got a little too warm. She was just happy that she got Britta to the finish!

Here's my race report if you missed it. Back with a bit more about my race tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.