September in Review: Still Holding On to the Summer Workouts

>> Saturday, October 08, 2022

Here's what September looked like in my training log:



We spent the weekend away from home with family on the 3rd, and I wasn't pushing to get in a bike workout, and I was happy to let that one slide.

The 10th and the 12th were quiet because I raced the Square Lake Sprint Triathlon on the 11th.

And besides squeezing in my first swim in about 9 months on the 7th (making it a "2-a-day" because I ran that morning as well), I had 2 trainer rides and 1 swim each week of the month as well. I'm happy I'm keeping my numbers up even though I'm teaching 3 in-person classes (2 being brand new to me) for the first time in years. I didn't expect this!

• SWIM: 8280 yards
• BIKE: 20.50 miles
(all at the triathlon)
• TRAINER TIME: 11 hrs 13 mins
• RUN: 85.46 miles
• STRENGTH: 39 hrs 20 mins


That was my first swimming in 9 months. I had super low bike miles (like I've had all year), but I'm still getting decent trainer time (although this is lowest month in a while, but that's because I've been swapping out a TRAINER day for a SWIM day each week). My running was a bit low, but that's partly due to skipping a long run because of the triathlon on the 11th and then having an easier/shorter final week of the month because of TC 10 mile on Oct 2nd. And my strength time was still high (maybe the biggest shock after being back at school): I've only been over 40 hours/month 2 times in my life, so this could be my 3rd biggest month.

Let's keep this going farther into autumn!...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.