Three Decent Rides Over Three Weeks

>> Tuesday, August 09, 2022

Three weeks ago, I had a nice 3x5 mile interval workout on some rolling country hills while on vacation.


About to climb that hill in the distance 6 times.

Two weeks ago, I had a decent 20 mile tempo ride along the river, and I hit 2 major hills on the way home.

And now last week, I sort of combined those previous 2 rides: I did the ride along the river, but I did it as 3x5 mile intervals. Here's the map of my ride:



- Starting to split 1 was a warm-up.
- Split 1-2 was the first interval (14:27, 20.8 mph ave).
- Split 3 (to the turn around and then back) to 4 was the second interval (14:42, 20.4 mph ave).
- Split 5-6 was the third interval (13:22, 22.4 mph ave).
- Split 7-8 was up Ohio Hill.
- Split 9-10 was up Ramsey Hill.

The first interval was decently fast with just a slow stretch crossing the river. The 2nd interval was a bit slower as it was up the false flat of Big River's Trail and then there was a big climb back from 494. And the 3rd interval was the fastest (with an average of 23.0 mph half way into it) because it was down the false flat and then flat on Water Street. Then I only had 3 mins to catch my breath before busting butt up Ohio Hill. Here's a close-up of finishing my last interval (#6), hitting Ohio Hill (#7-8), going fast across the Smith Bridge, and then climbing Ramsey (#9-10):






My speed with the 3 intervals highlighted.


My heart rate with the 3 intervals highlighted.
(Can you find the 2 major climbs after the intervals were done?)

I'm still well under 400 miles of biking for the year. And before these last 3 nice rides over these past 3 weeks, I'd only had 1 outdoor ride over the previous 6 weeks! But I'm still hitting the trainer decently, so that counts for something.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.