Thirsty (for knowledge) Thursday: Doing Strides

>> Thursday, April 07, 2022

Elite runner Lauren Floris (with PRs all way faster than mine) recently posted this on Instagram talking about "strides." This might be no biggie to a lot of you, but I realized maybe 5 years ago that I had been doing strides wrong my whole life, and this post reminded me of that revelation.









I think all through my high school track and cross country "career," I was over-striding my strides. I took them to mean something like LONG strides, when they should be a bit more "snappy." I should have had faster legs - not "longer" legs. Just a good reminder!

For more "Thirsty Thursday" posts that highlight workouts, body science, and all kinds of interesting information, CLICK HERE. As always, check back for some "Friday Funnies" tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.