March 2022 in Review: TWO PRs!

>> Monday, April 11, 2022

Here's what March looked like on my training log on BeginnerTriathlete.com:


Red = run, orange = strength, purple = bike trainer.
No swimming or outdoor bike rides.

• RUN: 95.44 miles.
• BIKE TRAINER: 21 hr and 1 min.
• STRENGTH: 41 hr and 27 min.

First of all, it was just a solid consistent month. I had a few days with my boys in a camper cabin that didn't even show as a blip on my training, and I also had my longest trainer ride in honor of my birthday.

95 miles of running is nice. No complaints or issues or excuses there.

My bike trainer time is the first big standout. Over 21 hours in the saddle is a monthly PR! In January, I jumped above 15 hours for the first time when I hit 18 hours. And then I rocketed that to 21 hours this month! (Yes, I knew I was close to 21 hours on my last ride, so I went 90 minutes instead of 80 or 85.) At a quick glace in my training log back to July of 2017 which was a big (possibly my biggest) outdoor month of 214 miles of biking, I see that I biked those 214 miles in just over 10 hours. Sure, I worked harder for a greater percentage of the time on those outdoor rides, but it's shocking that I was able to more than DOUBLE that amount of time on the trainer last month.

And my strength time was a monthly PR as well! Last December I had 39 hours and 37 minutes. But I added 110 minutes to that last month to be around 41.5 hours!!

Let's keep this going!!.... :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.