Nice Big Training Week

>> Monday, April 25, 2022

Here's what last week looked like in my training log:



My runs were nothing special: it was a rough long run (the day after filling up on Easter goodies), and then 2 easy runs. It's just over 23 miles total, which is nice!

My trainer rides were solid! 4 hours and 40 mins of total trainer time is definitely on the high side! (The only 2 times I've been over 4:40 in the last 3 months were last month during my birthday week when I rode my age on my bike and the week of my first fat bike race in early February.) All those trainer rides were also "workouts:" Tuesday had 10x3 min efforts, Thursday had 4x10 min efforts, and Saturday had 5x5 min efforts (which was the easiest day by far).

And even though my wife had the whole week off to be studying for some upcoming pharmacy certification, I still managed to get in a LOT of strength time: 9 hours and 54 mins. That might be my biggest "normal" week, meaning I had a week that was 1 minute longer in Febuary, but that was because the week before that ended with the first fat bike race, so I started the week doing 2 days worth of strength work: my normal Monday leg routine, and catching up on my Sunday core routine that I skipped the day before because of the race. So that previously big week had an hour long workout that technically belonged to the previous week.

Back tomorrow with news of an upcoming race, as well as a DIFFERENT race strategy I might try!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.