Those Running Miles Snuck Up On Me...

>> Saturday, January 23, 2021

I hadn't checked my mileage on my running shoes for a while. I like to get between 300 and 350 mile on a pair of shoes - I feel like that's on the low side, but I tend to get injured, so that's how I roll.

When I checked my online log, I saw I was at 430 miles. Oops:



The first pair with 356 miles was retired months ago, and I just wear those out-and-about now (I need to remove them from my "gear log" on BeginnerTriathlete.com so they stop showing up). The pair that had 430 miles on them were the ones I was still running in. But I got a new pair before my Friday run:


My "daily wear" shoes (retired last year with 356 miles),
my JUST retired pair with 430 miles, and my NEW Sauconys!


The soles tell the story: REALLY beat up from miles of walking,
STARTING to get beat up from 430 miles of running, and FRESH.

The Hurricane 23s are a bit more tighter in the heel, and I hope that's not a problem. I switched to these shoes 10 months ago when I started running mainly because they were looser and softer around the back of my foot where I was having foot pain. (In the first shoe photo above, you can see that the 2 olders pairs of 22s are bigger and softer looking around the back of the heel, and the newer par of 23s isn't as soft and comes up a bit higher.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.