Busy Week = Sore Leg

>> Saturday, January 09, 2021

This week has been busy. I started teaching my first ever J-Term class at one University (which I've posted about here and here on my photo blog), and I've also been prepping for a brand new (to me) online course that I'll be teaching at another University starting this upcoming week. Someone at that school dropped the ball and I was just given access to the online materials 2 days ago when that should have happened 3 weeks ago, and EVERYTHING about the course is different than what I was initally lead to believe. So that's been fun!

A little calf pain has creeped into both legs at times over the last 10 days or so. It's been a bit exacerbated by being on my feet so much for these 5 fast, hard classes. But I brought a little of it on myself as well. Someone commented on a tempo run post from 2 weeks ago to watch my incline on the treadmill:



Even thought I know what I've been told in the past by Docs and PTs, I still "listened" to this comment a little and played even more with the incline in recent treadmill runs. And I think that helped piss off my calves a bit. Oops.

So I didn't do my "every-other-week speed workout" yesterday, and instead just ran easy. My class is going to be more remote this upcoming week, so I'll be off my feet a bit more, and I should be good to run hard this upcoming Friday instead. (I've been wanting to try my favorite 2x2 mile intervals inside on the treadmill, so I might do that.)

p.s. Check out my photo blog if you haven't recently - I've been posting a lot more over the last few months.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.