September in Review

>> Thursday, October 22, 2020

September's training was solid. Especially considering it contained me teaching odd hybrid classes for the first time at my "old" university, teaching at another "new" university, getting the boys back to school (with alllll kinds of new limitations), and working my way up to my first race in about 14 months. Here's a snapshot of my training in Sept:



• SWIM: 0 (still none as I haven't stepped foot in a gym since mid-March).
• BIKE: 121 miles.
• TRAINER: 5 hours and 5 minutes (pretty much all easy).
• RUN: 87.33 miles (continuing that upwards trend since March).
• STRENGTH: 35 hours and 12 minutes (3rd highest lifetime I think - outdone my March and May).

I mentioned my consistent running in Saturday's post, but this whole month looked consistent: 3 runs/week, 2 or 3 rides/week (except for the pre-race week where I was also getting over being hit by a car while biking), and strength work EVERY DAY except for pre-race and race day (which are both technically in October, so Sept was solid).

Strength work will drop a bit this month, but not too far. And I expect October to be my first month since starting to run again in March that will NOT have more mileage than the previous month - I've already had 2 slightly shorter weeks post-race, and those shorter weeks NEEDED to happen for recovery. I'm not trying to push any mileage this month! I feel good about these months back through June with mileage of 65, 74, 77, and 87 miles/month, but now I'm OK backing off.

We'll see what the rest of October brings! (Hopefully, nothing too exciting...)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.