Week 5 of Coronavirus

>> Tuesday, April 21, 2020

I haven't been posting daily on Instagram as I was earlier during this pandemic because the "novelty" of being stuck at home while working and teaching the boys has worn off. (Also, the first 2.5 weeks of this was my spring break, then we had a spring break for the boys, and now we're in the "new normal" week of me teaching while teaching the boys at home.)



Day 29: The boys had one last day of spring break. We finished our Easter cake, and I went on an icy run. Then some odd jobs around the house:





Day 30: Charlie adorably showed his classmates his small snowman out the window during his Zoom meeting:




Henry dong math up in his bed. Totally ergonomically correct.

Ella had a checkup at the vet (after nearly dying a few weeks ago), and the boys and I had to stay in the car because of COVID-19. So Charlie drew a post-it picture of Ella in the kitty carrier while we waited:


And Ella's doing well!


Scooter-ing at the park in the chilly afternoon.



Day 31: Here's an Instagram post - Before and after: 3 bulbs vs 7 bulbs over my baby flowers and veggies. I rewired a cheap “drop ceiling” fluorescent fixture to be powered from a plug. Before we could fit 2-3 flats under our 3 bulbs. Now we have 5+ flats under 7 bulbs. #ScrewTheSnow #BringOnSpring


Still holding up well down there!


Charlie had his first "remote" speech lesson, and he liked seeing
Ms. Ashley again! She's barely visible as she's holding up a photo.



Days 32 and 33 (Thursday and Friday) were a bit of a blur. I realized the day before that Henry had missed THREE big projects in Google Classroom that were all due on Friday. (I had wondered why his Tuesday homework seemed so short.) So he spent MANY hours on Thursday and Friday getting caught up. Here was a FB post from Friday night:


(And then I linked to this video saying it's appropriate for the times.)

We took a break from the "hurried homework catch-up" to post a funny video as well.



Day 34: my wife worked Saturday (but not Sunday), so the boys and I got outside during some of the warmer parts of the day as Mama was gone:


Biking around the dead-end frontage road, and then playing in the trees along the sound barrier.


A post that afternoon.

Henry STILL had a little catch-up homework to do on Saturday. But he got it all done and submitted. Whew.



Day 35: A pretty lazy Sunday around the house. I escaped for a few hours to do (hopefully a FINAL) screen capture recording for my students. And we played games in the evening:


Caption: "Intense 'Sorry' faces."



We're in the middle of another "new normal" week here: the boys are doing homework, and I'm introducing a new project in my Digi I class, and they have a project due in 2 days. The biggest thing I miss with remote teaching is critiques and peer feedback. :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.