May's Training in Review

>> Saturday, June 02, 2018

Here's how my May training calendar looks:



SWIM: 12,450 yards
BIKE: 157.26 miles (+ 30 mins on trainer, or approx 166.26 miles total)
RUN: 72.0 miles


Those numbers are all pretty "average" - there's nothing great about these. But what DOES make these numbers stand out is that the weekend before May started, I had the Cannon Falls Duathlon, and then I had 3 races during May. So there was a LOT of pre-race-week workouts and post-race recovery workouts. And I STILL managed decent numbers. (But again, nothing great or fantastic about them.)

I had a swim, bike, or a run on all but 4 days last month: the 4th and the 6th which were the days before and after the Cinco DU Mayo Duathlon, the 12th when I was camping with my boys for 3 days, and the 27th which was the day before the Brian Kraft 5K. I didn't take a day off before or after the TC 1 Mile on the 10th (but I DID have an easy ride the day before and "just" a swim the next day).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.