>> Thursday, November 05, 2015
Most "Thirsty Thursday" posts share the majority of an article where I add my 2 cents in parts. Today, I simply want to share 5 links to interesting sports-related articles that are worth a look:
• 5 things runners should know about their knees. This breaks some myths, including what we all hear: "running will ruin your knees." (Although they mention just a few small studies to back up their findings.)
• 5 pool skills for triathletes to work on.
• A good study about the best ways to warm up, finding that you need to KEEP STRETCHING over a period of months to get the most benefit from it.
• 5 "DYI" remedies for plantar fasciitis.
• Elliptical chain rings don't really work, but don't really hurt either. Unless you looked real close, you maybe didn't notice that my new bike Eiffel doesn't have a perfectly circle large front chain ring. I haven't noticed anything great or horrible about it, sort of like the article says.For more "Thirsty Thursday" posts that highlight workouts, body science, and all kinds of interesting information, CLICK HERE.
Eiffel's elliptical chain ring.