>> Wednesday, June 06, 2012
It's giveaway time! Today, I have a Camelbak 2012 Ultra LR Vest. It normally retails for around $130. It's called "an incredibly stable lumbar hydration system for long distance running or elite races."
Hydration Capacity: 70 oz Lumbar (2 L)
Total Capacity: 200 cu in (3.28 L)
CamelBak® Got Your Bak™ Guarantee: If we built it, we'll Bak it™ with our lifetime guarantee.
Reservoir Features: Antidote Lumbar Reservoir with Quick Link™ System, 1/4 turn - easy open/close cap, lightweight fillport, patented Big Bite™ Valve, HydroGuard™ technology, PureFlow™ tube, easy-to-clean wide-mouth opening
BACK PANEL: Air Channel
HARNESS: Custom fit hook-and-loop adjust with cargo pockets and dual Slider™ Sternum Straps
BELT: Side cinch 1.5 in (38 mm) with cargo pockets
Additional Features: Safety whistle, quick stash overflow storage, lumbar reservoir compression, reflectivity
Designed to carry: Additional hydration, extra layers, nutritional supplements, keys
Hydration Capacity: 70 oz (2 L)
Total Capacity: 200 cu in (3.28 L)
Includes the new 70 oz (2 L) Antidote Lumbar reservoir with Quick Link™ System, 1/4 turn - easy open/close cap, lightweight fillport, patented Big Bite™ Valve, HydroGuard™ technology, PureFlow™ tube, easy-to-clean wide-mouth opening.
Pack Weight: 1.15 lbs (.54 kg)
Dimensions: 18.5 x 14 x 3 in (47 x 35 x 8 cm)
Fabric Specs: 70D Diamond Box Rip with DWR & 1000 mm PU coating
Torso Length: 16.5 in (42 cm)
This vest isn't dicking around. There's a lot of fluid storage in this, and a lot of zipper / bungee pockets. How do I know? Because the vest I'm giving away is currently in my house. Here I am wearing it last night:
But seriously, as you can see from those photos, the tags and the "protective plastic" around the mouth piece are still on. This is NOT a "tainted" used vest. This is a brand new $130 Camelbak vest. I have an "Avila" Hydrapak that I reviewed about a year ago, and I imagine many things are similar between this Camelbak and that Hydrapak. They hold the same amount of liquid, but the Camelbak has MUCH more storage for other goodies, and all of the water sits lower around your waist. The Hydrapak is good for day-to-day runs / rides, but this Camelbak is the SERIOUS vest for those super long runs / rides / races. (Click here for a thorough review on my Hydrapak - there are many similarities to this Camelbak.)
Being I haven't filled this Camelbak with water and TRULY tried it out (because I want to give it away), I'm not sure how it would work differently than the Hyrdapak. The Camelbak has a lower, horizontal bladder, so I could see it staying put a little better while running, but the belt could "dig in" a little more while biking. Give and take.
ON TO THE GIVEAWAY....
The people at Camelbak sent me this awesome 2012 Ultra LR Vest, and I'm passing it on to one of you!
HERE’S HOW TO ENTER TO WIN:
• Step 1: comment on this post to be entered. Seriously. It's that easy. Your comment could say something like "I wanna win!" Or it could say something like "I'm impressed with my cat's ability to play it cool with so many nipples." Whatever. You're entered.
• Step 2 (optional): to earn +1 extra entry: follow me (SteveinaSpeedo) and CamelBak on twitter and send out this tweet (just copy/paste like you did in 11th grade History):
Stay hydrated! Enter @SteveinaSpeedo's GIVEAWAY for a 2012 Ultra LR @CamelBak Vest - http://iwannagetphysical.blogspot.com/
I'll tally all the comments and all the tweets, and draw a random winner. For example, if there are 150 comments and 50 tweets, the comments will be #s 1-150, and the tweets will be #s 151-200. I'll use random.org to choose a random number between 1 and 200, and THAT will be the big winner!
• Step 3: check back to see if you're a winner! I'll announce the winners in just over a week - sometime around Thursday, June 14th. It's EXTRA important to stop back if you’re not a blogger, because I have no way of contacting you! The contest is open for a week: NOW through midnight (central time) on Wednesday the 13th.
- Contest is open to anyone in the WORLD. Sorry Russian cosmonauts on the space station; I can't ship to you.
- You may comment now (on THIS post) through midnight Central time on Wednesday June 13th.
- The winners will be chosen through a random number selection. If you’ve commented and tweeted, you'll earn 2 entries, thus bettering your chances at winning.
- Check back sometime around next Thursday (June 14th) to see if you won! (Especially if you don’t have a blogger account because I have no way of contacting you.)
- If I can't get in touch with the winner within 2-3 days, I'll choose a new winner. So check back!
- As with all of my reviews/giveaways, CamelBak has NOT asked me for a favorable review. All these opinions are mine.
So comment now to be in the running to win this vest!!