Friday Funny 214: The Father of My 'Tutti Frutti' Shorts

>> Friday, August 26, 2011

Sorry if you're at "Tutti Frutti" overload. You've been seeing these shorts on my blog a lot lately. I wore them a few weeks ago at the Waseca Sprint Triathlon:


Heading out of T2


Nearing the end (getting an odd look from a
spectator as I pointed out in my last post)

And I wore them 5 days ago for the Lake Marion Sprint Triathlon:


Starting the run

A few days ago, a friend found the Father of my shorts! One of our local "Fox 9" meteorologists, Ian Leonard, was showing off his pants for a Special Olympics golf tournament called "The Bad Pants Open." Here's the photo he posted to his Facebook page:



I now have a new favorite meteorologist in the Twin Cities. ;)

9 comments:

My Boring Triathlon Blog 6:50 AM, August 26, 2011  

uhhh do you have more than one pair of shorts or do you keep wearing the same one for every race?

Travis 7:21 AM, August 26, 2011  

That is AMAZING!!! I think you need a pair of your own!! :o)

Foges 8:37 AM, August 26, 2011  

for the awards ceremony.... must look nice!

SteveQ 10:30 AM, August 26, 2011  

Ian's pants have a crease. You need to iron your tutti-frutti shorts (take them off, first).

CautiouslyAudacious 10:32 AM, August 26, 2011  

HahAaaa!!! I can't believe there is more than one pair of those! Somehow they make a little more sense as golf shorts :-)

Luis Fernando Oliveira 11:29 AM, August 26, 2011  

I'm still waiting for the "I use this" on the tutti frutti" shorts. Please, do tell where to find it.

Unknown 12:47 PM, August 26, 2011  

Oh my goodness! That is funny. Yes, I totally agree that you need those pants to wear when you go up on the podium to collect your award, like you would don a warm up suit or something. The tour riders always put on clean outfits for the award ceremony.

Matt 3:47 PM, August 27, 2011  

I imagine it was something like this...

Setting: A textile factory in a small Georgia town

It's "Bring Your Kid To Work Day", and the chief designer of Fabrix are Cool LLC has brought her son in to her office. She gets distracted by a yarn emergency, and while she is gone, little Jimmy starts playing with Microsoft Paint on the computer. He makes zigzags and fills them with all kind of fun colors—blues, greens, pinks, reds, and yellows. As his mother comes back, he tries to hide his work. However, instead of hitting "close", he hits "create", and the automated textile factory beings to church out 200,000 square yards of fabric with Jimmy's design.

The next day, the chief designer is on the phone with Dockers, Speedo, and Coleman Tents telling them "Hey, I've got *great* deal for you!".

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.