>> Friday, May 20, 2011
Note: This is NOT the giveaway I've been promising. There's still another great giveaway happening SOON, so check back for that. This giveaway is more for "locals," but the next one is more "nationwide."
My triathlon buddies (and adorable couple) Kris and Mark are the new race directors for the Alarc Legends 5K and 10K. This race is June 11th in Deephaven, MN (a western suburb of the Twin Cities).
Kris sent me 6 points to note about the race:
Some key bullet points about the event:
- SCHEELS is the "award sponsor," giving away gift cards to top 3 overall winners in 10K and 5K.
- ALARC member Tom Kilzer is "master of the griddle" and flipping pancakes for our post-race breakfast. Pancake mix donated to us by our sponsor Great Harvest Bread Co of Minnetonka.
- This year's Legends inductees will be Carrie Tollefson (unfortunately she will be unable to attend the race but will give a video acceptance speech) and the beloved Bob Powers of the multisport community.
- There will be a number of random prizes given away to those in attendance after the awards. Prizes are thanks to our sponsors from Anytime Fitness, Spasso, Lakewinds Foods, and Headsweats.
- Join us as we celebrate National Running Day (June 1st) at 6:30pm at Deephaven Elementary School. Groups will be running/previewing both the 10K and 5K courses and one lucky person will win a free entry into the Legends Race!
- First 200 registered will get the official Legends Headsweats visor.
So, are you a local (or do you know a local) who might want to run a 5K or 10K on June 11th? Check out the details below to enter into a giveaway to win 1 of 2 free entries into the 5K or 10K! (The winners get to pick if they'd rather run the 5K or 10K.)
HERE’S HOW TO ENTER TO WIN:
All you REALLY need to do is to leave a comment on this post! But, if you choose to, you can earn MORE entries to better your chances (much like the other giveaways I've done in the past). You can follow ALARCFitness on Twitter and send out a tweet to earn an extra entry. Or, you can become a fan of ALARCFitness on Facebook to earn an extra entry. Or you can do BOTH extras to earn 2 extra entries!
• Step 1 (optional): to earn +1 extra entry: follow ALARCFitness on Twitter and send out this tweet:
I just entered the @ALARCFitness 5K/10K giveaway on @SteveinaSpeedo’s blog - http://iwannagetphysical.blogspot.com/
(If you already follow ALARCFitness, just send out the tweet - it still counts as an extra entry!)
• Step 2 (optional): to earn +1 extra entry: become a fan of ALARCFitness on Facebook. (Again, you get the extra entry if you're already a fan of ALARCFitness on FB.)
• Step 3: comment on this post and tell me how many entries you earned! Make sure to note if you've tweeted or fanned ALARCFitness so I know to add your name to the hat 2 or 3 times.
You do NOT need to be a blogger, but make sure to leave some specific info so you’ll know if you won. (So you could say something like this: “Hey Steve, this John Smith from Prior Lake. I followed ALARCFitness on twitter and sent out the tweet, but I didn’t fan them on FB, so put my name in the hat twice! Thanks!”)
• Step 4: check back NEXT Wednesday morning (May 25th) to see if you're one of the 2 winners!! ESPECIALLY if you’re not a blogger, because I have no way of contacting you! The contest is open NOW through 3 pm (Central time) on Tuesday the 24th. At that point, I'll print out all the entries, give extra numbers to those who earned extra entries, and then choose 2 at random by a random number generator, drawing numbers out of a hat, or other random selection process.
- Contest only open to residents of the continental US. I mean OBVIOUSLY. You should probably be a "local" too (or have a local friend who wants to run the race) because this contest is for a race entry in the Minneapolis / St. Paul area.
- You may comment now (on THIS post) through 3 pm Central time on Tuesday, May 24th. I'll try to contact the winners on Wednesday the 25th.
- The winners will be chosen at random by a random number generator or by drawing numbers out of a hat. If you’ve earned multiple entries, you will get multiple numbers, thus bettering your chances at winning.
- Check back next Wednesday (May 25th) to see if you won! (Especially if you don’t have a blogger account because I have no way of contacting you.)
- If I can't get in touch with the winner within about 36 hours, I'll have to choose a new winner because your contact info needs to go to Kris and Mark by Friday. So check back!
One final big THANKS to Kris and Mark at the Alarc Legends 5K and 10K for the 2 race entries for the giveaway!! Thanks guys!
The Legends Race