“Gnarliest Injury Photo” Contest

>> Monday, February 08, 2010

Stop for a moment. Think: have you ever had a crazy injury? Wild mountain bike crash? Ugly road rash? Crazy bone break? Stupid spill down some concrete steps at an outdoor amphitheater with your hands in your pocket so you landed awkwardly on your face and got yelled at by your dad for being stupid enough to have your hands in your pocket as you were walking down big concrete steps? (Yep, there’s a story there....)

Well, gather up a few photos from that crazy injury, because this is the “Gnarliest Injury Photo” contest! Send me 1-3 photos showing your injury, 80 words (or less) describing the incident, some short captions for the photos (if necessary), and you could win some sweet prizes.

There will be 3 male winners and 3 female winners in this contest! The general public will vote on your photos to determine the top 3 men and the top 3 women.

• The top man and woman will EACH win a Sugoi Zap Vest ($90), Sugoi MidZero Zap Knicker ($75), and a Road ID ($31.50) for a total of nearly $200 of great gear!

• The second place man and woman with EACH win a Sugoi Helium Vest ($80) and a Road ID ($31.50) for a total of over $110 of great gear!

• The third place man and woman will EACH win a Sugoi RSR Mesh Hat ($28) and a Road ID ($31.50) for a total of nearly $60 of great gear!

So that’s $367.50 in prizes to the top 3 men, and $367.50 in prizes to the top 3 women! That’s $735 in sweet gear given out in this giveaway! And if you haven’t picked up on it, all these prizes are reflective or safety oriented, so you can AVOID being injured or hurt in the future! Clever, right? Ha!

Follow these steps to enter:

1. Compose an e-mail to stevestenzelphotography [at] yahoo [dot] com.

2. Attach 1, 2, or 3 images to that e-mail. You can resize them to 480 pixels wide (or smaller), or just know that I’ll be resizing them to 480 pixels wide. If you send more than one, make sure I know what order they go in; for example: stenzel1.jpg, stenzel2.jpg, etc.

3. Let me know if you want a short, 1 sentence caption on any of the images.

4. Send a short description of the “incident.” Keep it to 80 words or less.

I’ve never really had a very epic injury. If I had to enter this contest, my entry would look like this:

The bottom of my right foot got pretty sore during my first half marathon in 2008. A nasty blood blister had developed UNDER a callous. Two days after the race, I decided it was time to drain that bad boy.


Peeling the callous over the blister.


Draining the blister.


Minor “surgery” complete.

You need to have at least 1 photo, but you do not need to have 2 or 3 unless you want to. You do not need to be a blogger. Keep your explanation to 80 words or less (my example has 40 words). This contest is open to US and Canadian residents.

Pseudo-legal stuff:
- Contest only open to US and Canadian residents.
- You may enter now through Saturday, Feb 13, at noon (Central time).
- The top men entries and top female entries will be announced next Monday, Feb 15.
- Voting will take place on the top entries from Monday, Feb 15 through Saturday, Feb 20.
- The 6 winners will be announced on Monday, Feb 20, and will be asked to contact me so I can get them their winnings!


A big THANKS to the people at RoadID, Sugoi, and Outside PR for being so generous! Thanks guys!

So enter NOW! You only have through Saturday at noon! (More on the sweet prizes tomorrow...)

p.s. If you don't want to GET any cool prizes, you could GIVE to a good cause. Christi is raising money for the Crohns and Colitis Foundation. (Her sister suffers from Crohns.) If Christi can raise enough money, she'll ski a run in her bikini. So go to her site and click on the donate button on the right. Thanks!

12 comments:

Christi 8:08 AM, February 08, 2010  

Thanks for the shout-out Steve!

Steve Stenzel 8:12 AM, February 08, 2010  

You're welcome Christi!! I'm sorry it had to be on the same post as my nasty feet! ;)

tim 8:37 AM, February 08, 2010  

Why is that I always seem to be eating breakfast at the computer on days when you do foot "surgery" posts?

Delightful.

Jeff 12:38 PM, February 08, 2010  

Steve, I anticipate that I will win this. Hands-down. BUT, it is a success story, not a debilitating injury, which is what we're all after in the first place.

I'll resize photos at the house after work :)

Anonymous,  12:40 PM, February 08, 2010  

Interessanter Beitrag

Anonymous,  2:24 PM, February 08, 2010  

very useful article. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did you guys hear that some chinese hacker had busted twitter yesterday again.

TriGirl Kate O 3:00 PM, February 08, 2010  

I totally should've take a picture of the blood filled syringe from the hemorrhagic bursitis in my hip (from a crash on the bike) but I was trying too hard not to pass out...

Carolina John 3:06 PM, February 08, 2010  

that has got to be one of the nastiest contests ever. good call.

Unknown 6:40 PM, February 08, 2010  

How fun! I don't have any knarly injuries but I am entering my hubby!

Regina 9:53 AM, February 09, 2010  

Great idea...I've submitted mine....

T 8:40 PM, February 09, 2010  

i have a great photo for this ... i just don't know where the heck it is. off to annoy the parents to see if they know ...

Anonymous,  3:16 PM, February 10, 2010  

I got a psychosis from this blog. Does it count?

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.