Want to Race FOR FREE With Me This Thanksgiving?

>> Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Tri-Fitness White Bear Lake is hosting their annual "Fast Before The Feast" 5K and 10K race on Thanksgiving morning.



I like what their website says in it's first few sentences:

Most of us are extremely fortunate. On Thanksgiving Day, we get to sit down to a nice meal, surrounded by friends and family.

With the economic hardships over the past five years, many in our community aren't so blessed. Local food shelves try to be there, but they need our help.

Show your compassion with the Fast Before The Feast. Before sitting down for a big Thanksgiving dinner, participate in a race whose proceeds go to help stock local food shelves for those less fortunate.

In 2011, your participation and generosity allowed us to donate over 10,000 pounds to local food shelves. For many nearby charities, "Fast Before The Feast" is an important way for them to meet the needs of the community.

This year alone, they're hoping to bring in over 6 tons of food!! That's fantastic!

If it's not too cold or snowy (like it was yesterday morning here in MN), Pharmie, Henry, and I will be racing the 10K! I'm planning on racing with Henry for the 2nd time - the first was the Lake Johanna 4 Mile back in March. But we'll skip it if it's too nasty. (Or just one of us might go race. Who knows.) We're hoping for a nice day!

Tri-Fitness White Bear Lake (who puts on this race) is the same organization that put on the "Cinco DU Mayo Duathlon" back in May. That was the race where I was in FIRST PLACE for a bit, and ended up taking 2nd overall - my BEST multisport finish ever!


In the lead at the end of the 1st run.

(Click here for my race report from that race, click here to hear the story of the guy who won, and click here for some funny photos of me racing that duathlon.)

Anyway, it's a good race company, and they're gathering goodies for a good cause. What's not to love?!?

THEY'VE ASKED IF I'D LIKE TO GIVEAWAY 3 ENTRIES TO LOCAL RUNNERS! So do you want to race with Pharmie, Henry, and I on Thanksgiving morning?...

If anyone is interested in racing a 10K or 5K just north of the Metro on Thanksgiving morning at 8 am, just leave a comment! (Make sure to leave a way for me to contact you: email, blogger name, twitter handle, etc.) I'd love to see you there! The race is in White Bear Lake, just off of 35E.



So comment now, and check back in 2 days (on Thursday morning, Nov 15th) to see if you were picked as one of the 3 winners. Then you've got a week of training before the big race! :)

Check out more info on the "Fast Before The Feast" website. (And check out Tri-Fitness WBL's other events as well.) Thanks everyone!

17 comments:

Emily W 8:53 AM, November 13, 2012  

Hey Steve, I'd love to come and race with you guys. Bonus for being the first to comment?

Tap 9:01 AM, November 13, 2012  

I was considering this race, but I'd love to have company, and I could bring my kids to flirt with your kid. :)

Nick 9:19 AM, November 13, 2012  

I'd do the race even if its cold and snowy.

SteveQ 10:21 AM, November 13, 2012  

Wow, that's three fitness businesses now with races in WBL. If I do it, I'll wear a shirt from a race there from the 1980's (assuming I have one that still fits).

Unknown 10:23 AM, November 13, 2012  

Hi Steve,

I would LOVE to run the 10k with you guys. Last year was my first time doing this event AND my first 10k ever. I would love to have the opportunity to do it again. I would run rain, snow, or shine!!!

Soon to be Tri Athlete 10:51 AM, November 13, 2012  

Been looking at a couple different races but haven't picked one yet. Sounds fun

Rachel Elizabeth 12:59 PM, November 13, 2012  

I'd love to join you for the race! I've thought about doing this one and I love that they collect food!

Greg 9:29 PM, November 13, 2012  

I'll run. Grbac6800@gmail.com

JimmyB 10:55 PM, November 13, 2012  

Sounds like a great race.

Cinthia 3:52 AM, November 14, 2012  

OMG, I think I have the same plaid shorts as you're wearing in the pic. Wild. Good luck in the race. P.S. Is there snow down there yet? Please tell me that I'm not the only poor slob slogging through the white stuff.

Jill S,  8:09 AM, November 14, 2012  

Sounds like a great race! I'd run! schm1546@umn.edu

Katie 12:34 PM, November 14, 2012  

I like running, and I'll cheer enthusiastically for you and your family even though I'd finish much behind you! I'm anticipating needing to run off much pie.
-Katie in NSP

Karri S,  6:50 PM, November 14, 2012  

I've been trying to decide which Thanksgiving Day race to do, this 10K looks fun!

Karri S,  9:01 PM, November 14, 2012  

Uh, oh, forgot to leave my twitter handle Karrij3

Nathan 9:57 PM, November 14, 2012  

I'd love to run with you! -Nathan Campeau

MnGrrl 11:50 PM, November 16, 2012  

I am past the deadline but would love to get in for free!! I just moved to Hugo about a month ago and this sounds like fun!! aewalden@yahoo.com

D2,  12:31 PM, November 20, 2012  

Doing the I Like Pie run here in Bend - very similar as the entrance is five cans of food (you can even bring a pie to share at the end of the race) to benefit a local charity organization. Happy running and Happy Thanksgiving.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.