Aqua Jogging: Dying a Slow Death

>> Saturday, March 05, 2011

Yesterday, I hit the pool with swimming buddies Julia and Steve. But I didn't "swim." I strapped on a belt, and I "aqua jogged." It looked something like this:


Only I wore less make-up and have even LESS of a butt than she does...

I thought by just having some other people I knew in the pool, it wouldn't make the water running seem like a long, horrible, boring death-march. And it DID help. But it was STILL a long time to just make a running motion while hardly moving.

I strapped on that belt and moved my arms and legs in the deep end of the pool for a solid 50 minutes! I only eased up once (around the 40 minute mark) when Julia shouted over to me "Tighten that belt! It's sneaking up on you!" I paused for a few seconds to re-adjust, and I was "jogging" a moment later.

Here's SOME proof that I did SOMETHING yesterday: After I finished water running, I chatted with Julia and Steve for a moment, hit the hot tub (to mack on some grannies, of course), showered off in the locker room, and then snapped this photo that shows where I was still a little "irritated" from the tight belt that was around my mid-section for 50 minutes:



Not to sound "douchey," but I have to point something else out regarding that photo. I've been THINKING that the strength training over the last 5 months has been starting to show, and that photo confirms my thought. See that muscle on the lower left? I've never had that before! I've never had that many core muscles that were VISIBLE! But it could just be the lighting...

When I posted about my cross-training at the beginning of this week, I mentioned how I've been really focusing on "mixing things up" and not doing the same strength / core routine over and over again. I think it's working. Now if only I could get the "green light" to start running again, things would be GOLDEN! ;)

9 comments:

Keith 12:16 PM, March 05, 2011  

Now do the water running without the weenie float belt.

Anonymous,  12:59 PM, March 05, 2011  

What Keith said, plus "my grandmother called and wants her float belt back."

SteveQ 3:00 PM, March 05, 2011  

That bump on the back of her right heel? That's what you're trying to avoid. (Too late to try not looking like a dweeb.)

Christopher Hawes 4:05 PM, March 05, 2011  

When I had my stress fracture I did a lot of aqua walking, jogging, and running. Snoozefest. Ick.

Benson 5:07 PM, March 05, 2011  

Nice job on the abs.
Wait, how does her hair stay dry BELOW the water?

GoBigGreen 5:53 PM, March 05, 2011  

Your aqua jogger was blue, where did she get a yellow one?

Bob Mitera 7:33 PM, March 05, 2011  

I just wrote an article on aqua jogging. It's a pretty great workout if you do intervals and vary your legs and motion.

My marathon PR was done with nothing but aqua running due to an injury. That includes three weekends of 3 hour aqua jogs.

The Triathlon Rx 1:05 PM, March 06, 2011  

Whatt?! And you didn't call me? I still pool run all the time - gotta do that PREhab. When I was in the period of doing it every DAY (Dec-Mar 2009) I had about 5 other injured girls on my team to keep me company. BIG time help.

Let me know - I'd love to go with you!

Anonymous,  2:49 PM, March 06, 2011  

How do you get your nipples to stand up like that? (I was straight, till I saw them. How about you?)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.