Minneapolis Duathlon

>> Monday, August 30, 2010

Yesterday, I headed out to cheer for my friends racing the Team Ortho Minneapolis Duathlon. I have a few photos below from the race, but I have more in two Examiner articles: click here for the first album, and click here for the second.

One of my favorite photos from the day was from when I bumped into local running star Carrie Tollefson. Here she is (with her legs) on the cover of Running Times and Runner’s World:



Well, I bumped into her in transition as soon as I got there. She was SUPER nice. And the true sign of an athlete is when said athlete (Carrie) puts her arm tightly around a sweaty, sweaty man (me) and DOESN’T pull away instantly! (I had JUST gotten there by bike while wearing a back-pack, so my back was sweaty.)



Oh, and yes, I’m wearing the “Leisure Suit” jersey. And Carrie loved it!

The Minneapolis Duathlon is labeled the “Largest Duathlon in the World.” Therefore, they had a STORE set up IN TRANSITION!!!




Elite men starting


Kerry Yndestad’s photo of the start with me in the right corner!


Julie Hull’s first race back after crashing at the LTF Tri in July (to the right)


Chad starting


Runners crossing the Stone Arch Bridge


Julie nearing T1


Interval buddy Jen heading into T1

As I was in the finish area, I bumped into all kinds of racing / training friends. (Actually, I was bumping into them all day.) I came across Cathy Yndestad cruising around on her mountain bike. The best part was that she still had her intended splits at different “check-in” points taped to her bike from her recent 12th place performance at the Leadville 100 Mile Mountain Bike Race!


She was about an hour faster than her goal time!


The top 3 finishers: Riff (3rd), Payne (1st), and Millner (2nd)


Jenny Wilcox taking the win!


Julie taking second place as her first race back post-crash!

Again, click here and click here to see my Examiner article and photo albums from this race. Thanks everyone!

Oh, and this past weekend, Coach Jen gave me the green light to race the “Mosquito Man Duathlon” on Saturday! This should be fun!! It’s a run / bike / run / bike / run!! (Three 1.5 mile runs and two 8 mile bikes.) She told me “YES on the race...I liked how it fit ---- it will be good and short and painful. perfect!!!!” If that’s perfect, then Jen would enjoy making love to me....

2 comments:

GoBigGreen 3:30 PM, August 30, 2010  

great pics Steve. I love Carrie T:) She is such a great ambassador for an active lifestyle!

Unknown 10:31 PM, August 31, 2010  

Awesome pictures Steve! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.