Semi-Wordless Wednesday: Marathon Training and Cross Country

>> Wednesday, September 02, 2026

My wife had her first 20-miler of this round of marathon training this past Friday (as she had to work the weekend). I know how much she hates running alone, so I dropped of Charlie on his bike to meet up with her for her final 9 miles:


Dropping Charlie off at Lake Harriet and Minnehaha Creek.




Some sugar to finish the workout.

And then that evening, Henry had his first cross country meet of the year. He went out hard (when he usually goes out easy), and suffered. My wife and I have been trying to get him to try to go out a bit harder, as usually the gun goes off and he's immediately among the last 5 even though he'll finish near the middle. If he could start a bit harder, his results would be a LOT better.

He ran a 23:03 and was 5th (out of 6) for his team last year at this race.

This year, he ran 19:51, was 2nd for his team (out of like 15 runners as it's a sort of "pre-season" race where you can have more than 7 runners), and finished 10th overall!!!


Hurtin'!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2026 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.