September in Review: Building for the TC 10 Mile

>> Thursday, October 03, 2024

I was working hard last month to build miles and speed for the upcoming TC 10 Mile. As I've been talking about for the last 2 months, I've been repeating workouts from 2010 when Coach Jen trained me to my fastest TC 10 Mile. Here's what September looked like in my training log:



And for comparison, here's what September of 2010 looked like when I was working with Coach Jen:


More swimming, less biking, and a LOT less strength time.

For 2024, here are my Septmber totals:

- SWIM: 11,880 yards
- BIKE: 306.03 miles
- RUN: 101.48 miles
- STRENGTH: 52 hrs and 23 mins


So last month, I had another big total on my bike. It was the 4th month in the last 5 that had over 300 miles of biking! To note how wild that is for me, I've only had 5 months with more than 300 miles since keeping track of my mileage online in 2009! And 4 of them were this year! (The 5th was last year.)

Swimming and biking were what they were. I had more running miles in August (by 6 miles), and most of that was because of the triathlon early in September. But that's 3 months in a row with over 100 miles, and my 5th month this year with 100+ miles. (September of 2010 shown above had 110 miles because of a few back-to-back running days.)

And my strength time is the 3rd most ever (I think), behind August and May of this year.

It's almost time to see if this training will pay off! I'll be back with some "Friday Funnies" tomorrow, then some pre-race thoughts on Saturday, and then the BIG RACES on Sunday!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.