Healthy-ish Super Bowl Party!

>> Wednesday, February 14, 2024

I don't LOVE healthy food. But my wife had a wild idea after a stop we made this past Saturday. Here's a social media post I made about it:

We stopped at a tropical fruit market this past weekend, and then my wife had a wacky idea: what if we made a bracket with 16 fruits and had the boys and their friends each rank their favorite fruits at our Super Bowl party. Yep, we’re “those parents.” 🤷🏼‍♂️😂 But really, it was a good sneaky way to get the kids to eat a lot of fruit before the junk food came out, including my pull-a-part pepperoni pizza recipe that I’ve been perfecting over the last few months (last pic). 🎉🏈❤️

Oh, and you can see I never fully finished my bracket. Jackfruit was surprisingly good, and that would be in my top 2! Not a fan of passion fruit. My wife had lychee as her winner!

And here were the 6 pics that went along with it:


The neighbor boys and our boys sampling.


I added a comment: "2nd picture is a big ole' pomelo, which
wasn't bad. THICC skin, and lots of flesh inside. That plate
covered with big chunks was only 1/3 of the whole thing."



My unfinished bracket. Winner would be jackfruit or banana, depending on the day.


Chicken nugs and mini tacos.


Egg rolls and jalapeño poppers.


My pull-a-part pizza, ready to be "pulled" and dipped in sauce.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.