BIG Training Week!

>> Thursday, February 29, 2024

Last week was a big week:



Nothing INDIVIDUALLY stands out, but it all adds up to something nice.

My SWIM was nothing special, but it was slightly on the longer side (a week after my longest swim in maybe a decade). My main set was a pyramid of 100, 200, 300, 400, 300, 200, and 100, and times were decent.

My BIKE workouts were nice. I got in 26 miles outside on my mountain bike (to and from class on Mon and Wed) which doesn't happen in February. And I got in 2 decent trainer rides: Thurs was a simple 4x10 min efforts...



... and Saturday was something I first tried about 2 months ago that was efforts of 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 minute (and then repeated):



My RUNNING workouts were also just nice. Monday was a solid long run of 12+ miles, Wednesday was a pretty normal easy run, and then Friday was 800s and 400s at the track.

And finally, my STRENGTH time was huge! I had a weak/short day of core on Sunday before this week started, and then I had time on Monday for my normal legs AND core, so I did 3 hours of strength work. And then I did that again on Wednesday. And without really trying, I did that again on Friday! Three hours of core/legs on each of those 3 days (with decent upper body on Tues, Thurs, and Sat). 13 hrs and 35 mins is a weekly PR for strength time!

What stood out at the end of the week was my "intensity minutes." Because I to got in 2 decent trainer rides, biked to work twice (adding on extra miles on the way home both days), had a good long run, and had decent strength time (my legs and core don't add much to this because it's not intense, but my good upper body workouts do!), my intensity minutes were a weekly PR.


That highest graph was last week's intensity minutes - 428 min alone on Monday!


Biggest week ever!!

I ALMOST broke 1600 minutes (1598) once before in November of last year where I biked to work twice, did 2 other rides of 30+ miles (including my hilliest ride ever), and squeezed in an extra short swim workout.

This week won't top that (that's not something I'll be trying any time soon), but it's shaping up to be a decent week as well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.