Two Big Weeks and a Weird Race Week

>> Thursday, November 03, 2022

I posted some decent training numbers a few weeks ago: the week of Oct 10th and the week of Oct 17th. But this past week was really odd.

A "normal" week is 3 runs (M/W/F) and 2 bike/trainer rides and 1 swim (between Tu/Th/Sat).

THREE weeks ago was a normal week.

TWO weeks ago was a normal week, only I moved up my long run to Sunday at the end of that week.

And then LAST week looked really strange:



Because of the Sunday long run, I had my 2-day "rest days" on Mon and Tues. But then after running on Wednesday, I had ANOTHER set of 2-day "rest days" on Thurs and Fri because I was racing on Saturday. I didn't decide to do the race until after my run on Wednesday, otherwise I would have considered doing Tu/Thur runs before the Saturday race.

Oh, and at the end of my race report, I noted that I'd POSSIBLY run on Monday, which was 2 days post-race, but I thought better and didn't run. I headed to the pool for a nice pyramid swim after class, and it was a good way to flush out my legs after the race 2 days prior.

So this week will be a little odd too (possibly going swim, bike, run, swim, run, bike), but I'm just happy to report my legs are feeling great post-race!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.