Foot Pain / Injury Update

>> Thursday, May 21, 2020

Someone asked about my foot pain in a blog comment 3 weeks ago, and a friend asked about it on a tweet about another hard workout. Here's that tweet and my replies:



So as I suspected for a few months: speed doesn't seem to hurt it. And as I've been saying for NEARLY NINE MONTHS, it still just aches when I stand too much. (I didn't go dig through all old posts, but I easily found a "recap" post from last November mentioning that standing and cooking hurt, and that being on my feet at the State Fair 9 months ago made it ACHE. And here's an update from February that talks about being sore while standing.)

But it's been FINE running. All of my 30-40 min runs are no problem. It's like it has a time limit of around 60 minutes right now. Because get me prepping supper on my feet for 90 minutes, and it aches. With all the yard work we've been doing, it's actually OK as well - something about the way I move around the yard isn't hurting it. (See my last 2 weekly updates HERE and HERE to see what yard work I'm talking about.) But walking to the park and standing around there with the boys makes it ache a bit.

Biking hasn't seemed to hurt it. I haven't done anything "long" (my longest being just 2 rides that were just over an hour each), but I'm not too concerned about biking.

I'm trying to do my "toe yoga" every few days, and I try to massage it daily. The physical work on it seems to help the most. I heat it some afternoons as well.

Wearing a shoe sometimes bothers it, but again, that's getting better. With all the yard work, it's been fine. But if I'm sitting in a car and driving for any period of time, I catch myself pulling my foot out of my shoe because it feels a bit better. But again, not as bad as it was in the past.

Summer won't be TOTALLY back to normal, but it seems to be getting closer every month. And I'm understanding its limitations, and I'm trying to listen to those.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.