September Training: A Swimming PR!

>> Monday, October 07, 2019

My non-running September looks GOOD in the water:



That's 2 "aqua jogs" (in purple), a WHOLE lot of strength work (in orange), and a WHOLE LOT of swimming! That's 3 swims/week that total 27,550 yards!

This surpasses August of 2010 as my biggest swimming month. Back in 2010, I was working with Coach Jen as she was coaching me to a sub-60 TC 10 Mile. I had one week with just a 1400 yard swim (I think that was technically just before starting to work with Jen), but then I had a week a bit later with over 9000 yards (3 swims around 3000 yards each). I ended that month with 25,800 total yards.

Again, if you're a "swimmer," this isn't a ton of yardage. But I've never been a "swimmer," and I'm thrilled with this. And I'm happy it's not aggravating my shoulder either!

Back with some photos of friends and family at the TC 10 Mile at the TC Marathon tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.