Pretty Normal Training After Some Rest

>> Monday, January 22, 2018

Well, last week was a bit "back to normal" for my training after having some knee/hammy issues:



My hammy is still quite tight down low, but more "normal" activity didn't seem to hurt it, so I'll see what my Chrio says later today and go from there. He was the one who told me I needed to try a "normal" week after that rest.

So last week looked like this:

• MONDAY: ladder swim (damn slow) and core.
• TUESDAY: moderate (but short) spin on trainer, and some easy PT leg exercises.
• WEDNESDAY: easy/moderate treadmill run, and good upper body lift.
• THURSDAY: 14x100 swim with less rest than usual (pretty slow average of 1:26) and some core.
• FRIDAY: easy run with Charlie, and some PT leg exercises.
• SATURDAY: a decent 82 min Spinnerval workout on the trainer, and good upper body lift.
• SUNDAY: long run of 7.8 miles with middle 5.5 miles just under 7:00 pace.

My leg feels just fine this morning after my long run yesterday, so that's great news! I always say I need to wait a day to REALLY see how I'm feeling after a run.

We're supposed to get blasted with a lot of snow today, so we'll see if I'll be stuck indoors for the next few runs. Back with more soon. Have a good week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.