9 Year Blog-iversary

>> Monday, June 15, 2015

Yesterday was the 9 year anniversary of my first blog post. Back in 2006, it all started with this post just after I'd done my first indoor triathlon and first duathlon (Apple Du). Here it is word-for-word:

My wife is a super athlete: She’s done the last 6 Twin Cities Marathons, 2 Olympic Distance Triathlons, countless road races, and she’s training for an Ironman Triathlon this fall (for those not in “the know,” an Ironman Tri is a 2.5 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and 26.2 mile run – insanity!). Somehow, I’ve been suckered partway into this craziness as well, and damn it, I’m actually enjoying it!

This blog will be my Captains Log that will contain little nuggets of information about the training and events that I am partaking in. There will be photos from events that show me at my sweatiest. There will be notes and stories from my training. It will be honest, funny, gut wrenching and hopeful. But one thing is for certain: it will always be real – that’s me, keeping things real. 24/7/365.

Read that last paragraph again... I'm not sure about "hopeful," but I think everything else still applies to my posts 9 years later. Wow. And here were 2 photos from my first Olympic Distance Triathlon later that summer:


2006 Steve was SUCH A BABY!!! I wanna pinch my cheeks.

Well, over 2800 blog posts (yes really) and 64 multisport races later, here we are. I can't believe it. "Baby Steve" shown above in 2006 wouldn't believe the friends and the fun that awaited him had you tried to predict the next 9 years. Just feeling super grateful about it all right now. :)

To celebrate my blogiversary yesterday, I signed up for my first triathlon of the year:



Nothing too dramatic happened at the race, but there were a few funny moments. (Like when I nearly killed the lead female - NBD.) Back with a race report ASAP - hopefully tomorrow morning at the latest.

2 comments:

T 3:35 PM, June 15, 2015  

i think all of us who buy clip-on aeros for our road bikes buy those actual bars ...

happy blogiversary!

Steve Stenzel 9:28 PM, June 15, 2015  

Ha! That's right T! Thanks!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.