I Didn’t Want To Get Gangrene On My Penis

>> Sunday, October 14, 2007

Let me explain that title. First of all, you should know that I didn’t start the Osceola Duathlon this morning. It was my first DNS (or DNF).

Last night, I had my traditional pre-race, grease-saturated meal:


This was all gone in 20 minutes

OK, back to explaining that title. I woke up this morning just after 3 am to Pharmie crying. She had just had a bad dream. Apparently, in her dream, she just found out that I was seeing 30 prostitutes per day (on average). She said it was one of those very vivid dreams where you really believe what’s going on. She was afraid that I was just riddled with STDs. Pharmie found out that “dream-land Steve” was cheating because I asked her if it looked like I had gangrene on my penis. Apparently, one of the street-walkers that had worked her magic on me had gangrene on her hand. So I was afraid that the gangrene had transferred to my penis. I don’t even know if that’s possible, but it’s an entertaining thought. Anyway, “real-world Steve” has never cheated on her, so she settled down and we both fell back asleep.

I got up at 4:45, got dressed in my clothes that I had laid out last night, and went downstairs for breakfast. I had everything else set out and ready to go:



But then I stepped outside. It was still dark, so I hadn’t seen that it was raining. Gross. And it was 45 degrees and breezy. Double-gross. I didn’t want to step out the door. So I didn’t. I went back upstairs and crawled back in bed with Pharmie. She was warm and delicious.

I figured I didn’t need to go out and prove anything. I had finished Ironman 5 weeks earlier, and I didn’t have anything riding on this race. Both knees are still a little weak, but I could have definitely gone the distance in this duathlon. I could have titled this post “Ironman Has Made Me Wussy” because since Ironman, I feel like I don’t need to prove anything to anyone. Is anyone else feeling that way? Ironman has made me soft. Thirty-mile bike ride? No thanks - I just did Ironman. Lemme milk it a few days longer. Total softie.

Plus, Pharmie’s dream may have been a sign to stay out of the rain. I didn’t need to risk getting gangrene on my penis.

16 comments:

Laurie 5:42 PM, October 14, 2007  

Wow, umm, that is quite the dream. There is a joke here about going soft but I just can't bring myself to say it.

Fe-lady 5:45 PM, October 14, 2007  

Let's see how long you can milk this "I just finished an Ironman thing"-
Actually IM didn't make you a wussie, it just made you smart!
3 cheers for sleeping in when it's raining and cold!

Fe-lady 5:46 PM, October 14, 2007  

uh. wait. you guys have granite countertops??? I notice things like this. And you are so young....I am jealous! (Getting mine in about a month!- but it took me this long!)

Marcy 8:18 PM, October 14, 2007  

I was totally looking foward to some pics of gangrenous penis. Way to shatter my dreams :P

Nat 10:12 PM, October 14, 2007  

I was worried what photos were going to follow after I saw the title of the post. Way to go on sleeping in, you can do that now since you did an Ironman you know?!

Andra Sue 10:25 PM, October 14, 2007  

I say finishing Ironman entitles you to do just about whatever you want, say like staying home from a silly duathlon. But, probably not sleeping with 30 crack ho's and getting penis gangrene. Glad you seem know the difference. :)

RunBubbaRun 6:06 AM, October 15, 2007  

Maybe it was that chicken outfit that casued your "penis" dilema.

But staying in is good, that "num" feeling on the bike does get kinda of old sometimes.

ps. A shot of penicilian will fix you right up thou.

Michelle 8:08 AM, October 15, 2007  

Can the "just finished IM" thing. Get your a__ out of bed, eat some more pizza, and get moving!

Oh, BTW, I missed Bon Jovi on SNL because I couldn't stay up that late. Getting soft and lazy from milking the "just finished IM thing"!

On the penis issue, just make sure your wife now doesn't start dreaming she's Lorena Bobbitt. Remember her?

Anonymous,  10:29 AM, October 15, 2007  

I just wanted to tell you my wife had a bad dream on Friday night also. She dreamt that she was running the Twin Cites Marathon again and she was being chased by a "Huge Fuzzy Cock". There were also pictures of you on Skinnyski.com website. Well, maybe not you but the "huge fuzzy cock".

Lance Notstrong 10:50 AM, October 15, 2007  

I like your description of Pharmie, "she was warm and delicious" LOL!!!

Pharmie 11:36 AM, October 15, 2007  

Nope, gangrene is not an STD. Plus, you'd have to have some sort of blood flow problem, and we all know that's not an issue :)

E-Speed 3:44 PM, October 15, 2007  

what a strange dream!

Sleeping in with the spouse is so delicious. Good for you, spouse time is always better than du time!

Tracy 4:05 PM, October 15, 2007  

It's all kinds of official now, everytime I come here it becomes a searing into the memory banks sort of experience. For the rest of forseeable eternity now I will have that giant yellow chicken with gangrene on its pecker and absolutely no blood flow problems of any kind STUCK in my head. Once again, you've outdone yourself, and thank you Jesus there were no pics of said penis gangrene - real or dreamed.

Tri-Dummy 7:55 PM, October 15, 2007  

I'm glad I read the post AND the comments. You got a doke prop from your lady right in the comments section.

NICE.

Except she said "we all know that." Does that mean all the hookers you are sleeping with in her dreams?

greyhound 12:02 PM, October 16, 2007  

What Wil said. Sweet baby Jesus of the digital cameral, thank you the title does not match the photos.

Herself, the GeekGirl 10:09 PM, October 17, 2007  

Yes, yes and double yes. I wouldn't say I strut, but I definitely feel like I don't have anything to prove any more. I saunter, I look people straight in the eye. Yeah, you're faster, I think. but I have done an Ironman. My students are agog whenver it comes up (which, sadly, is far too often for an algebra class)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.