Last Week’s Interval Workout

>> Thursday, March 22, 2007

Sorry... it’s been a while... Pharmie and I MAY have just purchased a home, and (who’d of thought) there’s lots of paperwork involved.

Anyway, may first treadmill interval workout last week went well. I was able to push those little buttons while running and NOT fall on my face - a minor miracle. And, on top of not biffing it in public, my knee was OK. Mission accomplished.

I took a post-it note, wrote down what I thought I wanted to do for about 3/4s of the run, and then I filled in the rest with what I actually did near the end. I ended up going 3.26 miles in 28 minutes doing 1 minute intervals, fast then slow. Here’s the photo of my post-it on the treadmill after I was done:



I was trying something new when running that my PT had suggested. All of my leg exercises have been to strengthen my hip and butt in order to keep me from having all of that hip drop. I was also told to start running while “realizing my abs and my glutes.” I think I was doing that, but I’m not sure. What does running look like when you have fully “realized” your ass? That phrase scares me. If there’s one thing that crappy movies have taught me (Terminator 3, iRobot, etc.) it’s that once something becomes self-realized, IT TAKES OVER. I don’t want my ass to be in control of me. You’d see me running in the streets, crying like a baby, squealing, “My ass is making me do it! Someone make it stop! Make it STOP! Just kill me! Somebody, for the love of God, JUST KILL ME!!”

I don’t want to be controlled by mister stinky brown eye. God help me.

5 comments:

RunBubbaRun 1:27 AM, March 23, 2007  

Great job on the interval workouts. I was wondering what those buttons on the treadmill where for.

Remind me not to run behind you at IMWI. So I won't be tempted to look at what a "realized" ass actually looks like.

Congrats on buying a house.

Joy | Love | Chaos 9:53 AM, March 23, 2007  

[inappropriately laughing loudly at work]

TOO FUNNY! I don't ever want to be under the dictatorship of mister stinky brown eye. Frankly, I can't believe I even just typed that. Gak!

marz_racer 4:05 PM, March 23, 2007  

WOW!!! Things get out of hand fast when the discussion turns to the brown eye.

TriShannon 7:33 PM, March 23, 2007  

Laughing out loud!!!

Good job on the interval workout and congrats on the house!

Triteacher 7:14 PM, March 25, 2007  

OK, so I thought about your post today on my long run. All I realized was that there was a whole lot of shaking going on back there! Was that the message?

Congrats on the house - how exciting (and yes, overwhelming too.)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.