I Hang A Little To The Left

>> Friday, March 02, 2007

...it’s not exactly what you think, but I got you to start reading didn’t I?!?

This past week, I had a running evaluation with a new PT. When I hopped on the treadmill, she quickly saw my right foot flare out at the end of the stride - something that I’ve known about for years. The good news is that the little foot flare is not detrimental to my stride. The bad news: it still makes me look femmy when I run. She videotaped me running, and then we watched it frame-by-frame from every angle.

We learned something valuable. My left hip (the hip attached to my bad knee) drops much more than my right hip. The NEW theory is that my left hip / left knee / left ass-cheek isn’t as strong as the right, and therefore the muscles are firing later than on the right. So my left side goes lower before bouncing back, and that extra dip is putting more stress on my knee.

The prescription: build up my ass strength. I’ve nearly got a 3-ring binder full of “prescribed” exercises from the 2 PTs that I’ve worked with. All of them have great illustrations. This guy looks likes he’s trying to make a living modeling for exercise manuals even though he’s in the Witness Protection Program:


I didn’t put the bar over his eyes;
that’s the way it came!


Also, I want to give MAD PROPS to my high school wrestling team from USC in Wells, MN. They won their first match during the State Tournament 2 days ago, and Pharmie and I are headed back down to the Xcel Center tonight to watch the second round. Here are 2 sweet, sweet pics of Pharmie’s youngest brother, Mike, right before and right after his match-clenching pin:





GO REBELS!!

7 comments:

Triteacher 5:48 PM, March 02, 2007  

Woah, that is so cool having a photographer in the family to document these wrestling achievements. My brother and husband have stacks of grainy photos from their wrestling days. Well done, Steve. (And Mike!)

teacherwoman 9:04 PM, March 02, 2007  

GO rebels!

Good luck strengthening that butt muscle!

Unknown 6:39 AM, March 03, 2007  

First...thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. Nice to see new visitors. Secondly, I burst out laughing at your use of "femmy", which is painful when you have a nasty sore throat. Best of luck on your "booty-building" process. Squats, deadlifts, step-ups and good mornings will become your new best friends.

Lance Notstrong 8:13 AM, March 03, 2007  

You're old high school is the Rebels? So is mine!!!

Taconite Boy 4:37 PM, March 04, 2007  

Love the name of the blog! See you in IMOO!

Born To Endure 9:27 AM, March 05, 2007  

Are you saying you "run like a girl"..hey nothing wrong with that..:-))

qcmier 10:56 PM, March 14, 2007  

I guess I hang a little to the left too. Wanna trade binders? I don't have any cool real-life photos in mine.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.