Good News / Bad News

>> Monday, January 15, 2007

First, the good news:

On Saturday, I went for my longest swim ever. I did 50 laps in the Y’s 25-yard pool; that's nearly a mile and a half! I didn’t push off the walls at all (to mimic open-water swimming), and my total time was 1 hour, 0 minutes, and 22 seconds. I know it's slow, but this is major for me.

Now, the bad news:

It snowed. That’s not the bad news. I don’t need to get anywhere, so I can let the snow plows work while staying in my neighborhood. The bad news is that my favorite winter activity is extreme sledding, and because of my damn knee, I need to stay away from climbing hills. Dagnabit. A good afternoon of sledding would probably put my IT band recovery back 2 months. Oh well, no sledding for me.

Oh, one more piece of good news / bad news: Our big order from Swimoutlet came in. That’s the good news. The bad news is that my sister-in-law’s “grab bag” swimsuit is SUPER ugly. Although, due to the hilariousness of the situation, I guess that’s also good news (at least for everyone in the world except for her). Sorry Steph!


She's not sure whether to laugh or cry

5 comments:

John 4:32 PM, January 15, 2007  

Thanks for the comment on the bike. I finally broke down and bought it last week. I went for my first fitting on Friday, I’m so glad I did it!

One positive note on the swim suit... You’re not going to have any trouble spotting her in the open water!

Lance Notstrong 4:31 PM, January 16, 2007  

Heys, I have a speedo just like that LOL!!!

RunBubbaRun 6:50 AM, January 17, 2007  

So is he going to wear it? Good job on the swim.

Courtney 2:38 PM, January 05, 2009  

Thanks. Now I know what I have to look forward to with MY grab bag Speedo. ;-) Clearly there is hilarity in my future.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.