August in Review

>> Saturday, September 02, 2023

Even though my wife and I were gone for 10 days in early August, my training log looks OK:



(We left for Italy on the 3rd, and came back on the 12th [our 2 "travel days"], and the days in between were spent hopping around Rome, Florence, and Sestri Levante.)

• SWIM: 9,311 yards
• BIKE: 167.07 miles
• TRAINER TIME: 2 hours and 20 minutes
• RUN: 100.14 miles
• STRENGTH TIME: 37 hours and 4 minutes


Swimming was OK in August.

Biking was decent. May and July were bigger, but June had more bike TIME but less bike MILES (because I biked a lot with my boys in June, and I was biking on my "commuter" bike as my tri bike was busted). But I also had 2:20 of trainer time in August as well, so that bumps it higher.

And running was good. It was my 3rd month in the last 12 that cracked 100 miles.

I shared a little of my mid-month training in this post, which was about getting "back to normal" after getting back from Italy. And then you can see some training from my boys' last week of summer in this post, which is why I have a short ride on the 24th (to and from the State Fair with my boys) followed by a quick/hard trainer ride when we got home.

All-in-all, a decent month with some quality running workouts that possibly contained my 2 best long runs ever. Let's keep that going into TC 10 Mile training this month!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.