Bike Commuter: 6 Days Straight of Cycling

>> Tuesday, September 26, 2023

I just finished off a stretch of 6 straight days of cycling. That's not something I normally do, but I'm making a bigger effort to bike to work at one of the universities where I teach (as it "fits" in my schedule better than it ever has in the past). And between saving $6 in parking each day and being able to get home in about the same amount of time as driving (as the parking lot is about a 5-6 min walk from my classroom, and then it's another nearly 10 min drive home), I'm hoping to do it a lot this fall!


My bike in the large shared faculty office. (It's at ground level
and the office door is right next to the outside door - easy in-and-out!)


Showing the size of the office - I'm standing in the MIDDLE here.

I biked through the rain yesterday as well and found out that my running windbreaker is NOT waterproof. Here I am at home about to venture out into the rain:


Pretty normal from the front...


... but with my big backpack on from the side.


WET in my office! You can tell how heavy the left side of my shorts are as they hang there!


An hour later (notice my wheel is dry) and my heavy shorts are still dripping water on the floor.

Here's what the 6-day stretch of a little biking every day looked like:



• WED: biked to and from work (top 2 picks).
• THURS: a not-too-hard 20 mile tempo (nearly 33 miles in total).
• FRI: 11.5 miles of biking the boys to and from school.
• SAT: nothing fancy, just 22.6 miles of riding.
• SUN: a bike along side of Henry as he ran 3.1 miles in 26:13!
• MON: a wet ride to and from work.

Thurs and Sat were "actual" training rides on my tri bike, and the others were all on the mountain bike pictured above.

This riding makes me rememeber the "30 days of biking" that I tried back in 2010. I'll have to revive that sometime over the next year maybe. Maybe. But not now. Time to be rest my legs a little for the TC 10 Mile this weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.