Week of Training After the Track Meet

>> Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Nine days ago was the USATF MN Masters Championship track meet where I did the 1500. Being I "only" did the 1500, I didn't take much down time after the race, but I DID keep my effort easier all week after that short, hard ALL OUT effort. Here's what last week looked like:



My SWIMS were pretty normal: a shorter workout of 200s on Monday (the day after the race), and then a nice pyramid with some kick drills on Friday.

My BIKES were easy and crappy (as most have been this year). I just barely had time to get out for 19 miles on Wednesday, and then I hit the trainer for 45 minutes on Sunday night after getting back from camping. My first multisport race of the year will be a real eye-opener regarding my less-than-stellar bike fitness. (I have no duathlons or triathlons on the calendar yet, maybe because I'm scared.)

My RUNS were all easy (by design). My "long" run was a few miles shorter than recent long runs because it was just after the race, and I didn't do any pace work during it. Just a week of "just running" runs. And as I mentioned at the end of my track meet race report, I let my mileage slide a bit this past week. I dropped under 20 miles of running for the first time since early April, but my stretch averaging 20+ miles/week is going strong for the last 41 weeks. And that back-off on effort and distance helped my achy knee and calf feel better too.

(Friday through Sunday was spent camping in WI, so that's why there's no strength work.)

SO THIS WEEK, I'm going to hit the bike harder. I need to get a triathlon on the calendar, and I need to be doing ACTUAL cycling workouts, not just spinning my legs. I might do a decent long run today as well. Otherwise, just more of the same this week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.