Final TC 10 Mile Photos, Garmin Data, Etc.

>> Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Here are three random things from the TC 10 Mile from over 2 weeks ago:

FIRST: I only got one “official” photo from the race, and it was coming down the hill past the Cathedral with 0.2 miles left:




Close up. Not too ugly for being the most painful part of the race.

I don’t think I got any others because my race number kept flipping up on my race belt as seen in this photo from my race report:



SECOND: In my race report, I noted that all of my family had the course a bit long on our Garmins right from Mile 1. Race buddy Evan pointed out what that could have been on Facebook. He noted the big buildings could have thrown things off as we left downtown Minneapolis. When I downloaded my Garmin data and zoomed in to the route that I ran, he was proven correct. I ran a great line through downtown Minneapolis, but my Garmin map shows me weaving all over the place and cutting through buildings:



Those issues can also be seen in my pace chart early on as well:


I did NOT run 3:30 pace for a while, and then ease back to over 8:00 pace a few times.

After the first mile, I can believe that pace chart above. At mile 2.5, we climbed that long hill under Franklin. At mile 5, we hit that short steep hill coming off the river. At mile 7, we finally leveled out after climbing a false flat for 2 miles and I really tried to kick it in a another gear. The last real uphill was just before mile 9. And then there was a “useable” downhill near the finish line. Here’s all that info on my pace chart with the elevation superimposed:




Regarding the final downhill kick to the finish: here’s a zoomed in section of mile 9.4-10. I was
BARELY slower than 6:00 pace twice, and I peaked at 4:44 pace. (My average pace was 6:12.)

THIRD: Finally, here are 2 instagram photos I saw post-race that I wanted to share. Here’s one from up high showing corrals 2 and 3 lining up to wait for their start at the 10 Mile:


This is what 2/3s of 10,000 runners looks like.

And I mentioned the pretty orange sky as we were running along the river at mile 1 in my race report. Well this person got a photo of that (which was snapped from right in between those 2 corrals under the green light in that last photo):



I may have one more TC 10 Mile post with some of Evan’s photos next week. But here’s my race report if you missed it, and here’s photos from Gary at mile 9.3 if you missed those.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.