Friday Funny 98: My Wife’s Bra

>> Friday, June 25, 2010

If you remember back in February, I did a series of posts labeled “Does It Work” regarding different products I’ve used and my experience with them. One of the products was the Enell Sports Bra (reviewed by my wife). As I showed in this post about the bra, here’s a photo of Pharmie about to become an Ironman for the first time, and you can see the tell-tale signs of the Enell sports bra by the upward-curving lines over each boob:



In the original post about the bra, here’s what Pharmie said in her wrap-up:

Enell Sports Bra's Performance: Grade of A+. Quote from Pharmie: “Before I tried this sports bra, I used to get horrendous scabs in 'inconvenient' places from the chaffing no matter what type - or how many - sports bras I used. Now, with the Enell sports bra (and sometimes a little Body Glide) I rarely have a mark, even after a marathon. However, because it's so supportive, I can't wear it for all activities: I don't wear it during tris or while biking because it's too much pressure. If you need that much support during a tri, you can always order one size bigger so it's a little looser around your ribcage and offers more room to breath."

Enell Sports Bra's Comfort: Grade of A. Quote from Pharmie: “It takes a little getting used to breathing in this thing because it's a little tight around your ribcage. But wearing it is quite comfortable. The big shoulder straps and the crisscross in the back offer extra support during prolonged activity."

Enell Sports Bra's Appearance: Grade of C+. Quote from Pharmie: “There's no getting around it - it's pretty hideous. But I'd gladly give up looking like a super model in favor of making my boobs disappear and having a great workout!"

Well, guess what? The president / designer / head-honcho of Enell saw that post! She liked what Pharmie had to say about the bra's performance, but didn’t care for her thoughts on how the bra looked. The president of the company asked for her bra size, favorite bra colors (which I told her were pink and white), and our address, so I KNEW we were in for something good!! The president said she wanted to design something less ugly for Pharmie.

Well, late last week, we got a little package in the mail. It contained a handwritten note from the president that said this:

Hi Pharmie-

Your husband, Steve, was bad-mouthing us about having an ugly bra... so I decided to show him we can be pretty. A little "bling" should do it. Ha! Hope you like it. Not guaranteeing how long it stays on however. Have fun and remember... SUPPORT IS A BEAUTIFUL THING!!!

Renelle

Words cannot express the glory of what was in the package, so I’ll just let these photos speak for themselves:


Pharmie in the bra.


Close up. Pink and white.
Yes, those are rhinestones next to each clasp.


Right shoulder.


Lower left band.


Full back.


Close-up of the bling.

And BTW, in the last 2 weeks, Pharmie has turned 2 more people on to the Enell Sports Bra: one was one of her friends who’s dealing with bigger “new mommy” boobs, and the other is someone who e-mailed me and said “Your marketing works and my girls are under control now!” So big thanks to everyone at Enell for the one-of-a-kind “blinged-out” sports bra! (If you didn't see the original post about the bra that started this whole thing, click here to check it out.)

And just as a little “heads up,” I’m thinking about doing some more posts next week in the “Does It Work” series. So check back soon!

Happy Friday!!

24 comments:

Michelle 6:23 AM, June 25, 2010  

That is quite the apparatus! It looks like something Wonderwoman would wear; and I am a big fan of Wonderwoman!

Maryland Girl aka Michelle 6:49 AM, June 25, 2010  

I am so jealous of Pharmie's bra! Thanks for a great chuckle!

teacherwoman 6:51 AM, June 25, 2010  

Love what they did with that bra! LOL

Stacey 6:53 AM, June 25, 2010  

Hmmm..bling on a sports bra..who would've thought...I am envious.. I love the Friday Funnies! Have a great weekend!

RunningLaur 7:08 AM, June 25, 2010  

based only on your review posted earlier, I've recommended the Enell bra to a ton of customers - you were certainly able to make an impression with the review. (I'm finally starting to remember thir name and not having to google 'steve in a speedo sports bra' once a week)

Kim 7:14 AM, June 25, 2010  

Hilarious!! I wore my enell last night for the jpmorgan chase challenge and worked great as usual. Although was completely soaked in sweat after. Looking good pharmie!

Regina 7:53 AM, June 25, 2010  

so funny, a blinged our Enell. I have one of their bras and while they are amazing for support, I actually do not find them comfortable and I also think they are butt ugly. I feel like I am wearing my great, great grandmother's bra.

Judy 8:10 AM, June 25, 2010  

Pretty! Wish I had "girls" big enough to need that kind of support. Ha! The power of blogs can get you anything! Maybe you should start rating sports cars?

K 8:36 AM, June 25, 2010  

I tried one once but just couldn't breathe in it--and breathing is important in triathlons.. But her pink and white blinged out bra is awesome..

CyborgQueen,  9:00 AM, June 25, 2010  

Hmm...I'm disappointed. Not enough bling. :-P


Seriously dude, that's so frickin' hilarious!!!!! Since now it's in the open, I would LOVE to see Pharmie wearing it for her next few races...the blings on the back makes it all worth it if you can see the bumps...it'll stop the racers behind her, thinkin' "WTF"?

Melissa 10:06 AM, June 25, 2010  

Ha! Great bra!! It's so pretty, I'd hate to get it all sweaty and gross ;-)

I'm having a baby very soon and am going to need a good sports bra when I return to running, I'll give the Enell a try.

Steph 12:46 PM, June 25, 2010  

That is absolutely incredible! It is lovely!

Unknown 12:50 PM, June 25, 2010  

That has to be one of the most beautiful bras I have ever seen!

Chic Runner 1:05 PM, June 25, 2010  

Though I wouldn't say it raises the design grade, it sure is interesting! :) Glad Pharmie is treated right with Enell!

Anonymous,  3:30 PM, June 25, 2010  

Holy Power Rangers! Surely she can just race in the bra now...no tri top needed!!

Char 7:30 PM, June 25, 2010  

Seriously I wouldn't wear it on a hot date (not that I have any of those any more) but it's performance that really matters and if it can reduce bounce and drag it's got to be a winner.

Christie 11:02 PM, June 25, 2010  

Wow. Yeah, the old bra was busted. And the new bra, well, I'm still not feeling it. But it is an upgrade from what it was. The bling is cute though.

Unknown 11:08 PM, June 25, 2010  

It is kinda cute. I think the coloring and the rhinestones are better then explained. Who doesn't want a sexy pink holster?

shively 6:06 PM, June 26, 2010  

Interesting post Steve. I'll show it to my wife for sure.

However, if you ever do an article on athletic supporters or various types of bowls of sunshine, PLEASE do not include high res photos.

Great site!

Lucinda 1:36 AM, June 29, 2010  

Yeah, I am going to save up an get me one of those! At over $100 NZ plus postage, they are a bit expensive for me at the moment - but I'm saving up!

It's lovely what they did for Pharmie! That is pretty cool!

Anonymous,  12:25 PM, July 01, 2010  

hehe- thanks for the shoutout :)

my 'girls' say thanks, too.

NewbieTri,  10:23 PM, July 01, 2010  

I was searching for articles on beginner triathletes and `support' issues for my DD's - this is awesome! So cool of Enell.

However, a word of caution for those petite well-endowed ladies.... I am a Title Nine devotee (love the barbells) and tried this one - but it doesn't have shoulder adjustments and after a trial run, I ended up with major abrasion (OWWWW) from the fasteners down the front below the strap -

They went straight in the trash :-( Love the Moving Comfort brand bras though! But do I swim in them as well? Newbie needs help!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.