An Experiment: Results

>> Thursday, May 15, 2008

Back in January, I had a post titled “An Experiment.” In that post, I listed off things that I use and love, with the long-shot idea that the respective companies would see it and send me oodles of their product. Here are the results:

• Yaktrax: they ROCK! They got this ball rolling. They saw that I ran during the winter with some different spikes for traction, and they thought I would like their product. They sent me 2 pair. And I used them all winter! I love them! Thanks Yaktrax!

• Vanilla Crisp Powerbars: everyone there sucks. No love. I’ll still use your product. And your gels.

• Recoverite: no love. Jerks. I’ll still use your product. In fact, I just used it an hour ago. Delicious. But you’re all still jerks.

• Nuun: SUPER! Wil heard that my wife Pharmie loved Nuun, and Wil re-gifted 8 tubes of Nuun to Pharmie! Thanks Wil! She loves them! And then a rep from Nuun contacted me as well, and they sent one tube of every flavor! Thanks Nuun!!


The 8 from Wil

• Specialized: all a bunch of jack-holes. I’ll still use your product. Big Rhonda would get lonely if I didn’t take her out now and then and ride her hard.

• Apple Computers: Steve Jobs is a whore. There. I said it. I love your machines, though. I’m actually using your product right now. Super reliable.

• Pontiac/GM: sluts. All a bunch of loose, easy sluts. My car isn’t getting any less rusty. 173,000 is how much I’d like to be making each year, not how many miles I want on my busted-ass ride.

And just because of that “An Experiment” post, someone from Bridgedale Socks contacted me. They sent 6 pairs of socks my way to try: 3 for me and 3 for Pharmie. They are similar to “the big ‘S’ sock company” (as someone from their company referred to them*), but they are more technical. Pharmie gave one of her pairs to her sister, Steph, and I think that’s the only pair of socks Steph will wear on her longer runs. Her feet used to be as nasty as mine, but with her new Bridgedales, she’s doing great! Thanks Bridgedale! You guys ROCK! And between Bridgedale and Drymax, I’ll be in sock heaven for years to come!



* If you didn’t pick up on it, the person from Bridgedale socks was talking about Smartwool Socks. Man, you’re dense.

** I really don’t mean any ill-will to anyone from the above mentioned companies. This is all in good fun. I’m the one being a dillweed, not the great companies above. Thank you for making a great product. Now, please send me one of your great products. That will be all.

p.s. I ran a fast(ish) 6.5 miles today. The heel was OK. I ran a mix of grass and sidewalks like some of you mentioned in my last set of comments.

p.p.s. Matt and I are signed up as a team for the Gear West Duathlon this Sunday. I’m doing the 2 run legs and Matt is doing the bike. Matt wanted our team name to be “Balls Deep.” I wanted “Team Tighty Whitie,” but I couldn’t get Matt to wear undies over his bike shorts. So I compromised, and we are officially signed up as “Team Happy Pants.” Will I see any of you western-suburb-bloggers out there? The short yellow shorts will be making an appearance. Check back Sunday night for the results!

18 comments:

Unknown 10:27 PM, May 15, 2008  

Don't forget the pictures.
Good luck with the Du.
If you get overwhelmed by gearwhore offers, send the overflow my way. I love new stuff. Especially if I don't have to pay for it.

Molly 9:38 AM, May 16, 2008  

Have fun Happy Pants!
Take Care

triguyjt 10:24 AM, May 16, 2008  

looks like the socks are in a huddle and they are talking about you......
i think this post will shame those companies to pony up some freebies.....

glad mr. achilles is happy

Fizzgig 11:53 AM, May 16, 2008  

I'm totally trying those socks. I got some skanky feet goin on, and I like to wear sandals!

Kim 12:17 PM, May 16, 2008  

i want free stuff!! preferably from a place called 'nipples and weiners'

Stef0115 12:53 PM, May 16, 2008  

OMG you are so funny. Hope you get more free stuff.

Good luck this weekend!

KK 2:44 PM, May 16, 2008  

This is my FP (favorite post), besides the recipe for crotch rot one.

Good luck this weekend, hope the ankle holds up!

Tracy 6:26 PM, May 16, 2008  

YAY I'm glad she likes the Nuun, the cola ones are my favorite too. Just one MORE thing we have in common :) Kick butt at your race! And please God where your Drymax socks so there's no preparatory cringing when I come read your blog on Monday!!

J~Mom 11:08 PM, May 16, 2008  

I totally heart nuun. Gotta start these types of posts to get me some hook up!

sRod 5:43 AM, May 17, 2008  

At least some of your attempts at free stuff have been fruitful! Lucky bastard.

Anonymous,  10:22 AM, May 18, 2008  

Dear Mr. Speedo,

Your allegations of inpropriety by the members of our huge, vast company (ie, calling us sluts) will not go unnoticed. Your vehicle, with it's 173,000 miles, has been allowed to continue to operate thus far because Stacy, our hawt office slu...I mean, secretary, thinks you're sexy, however I am, at the moment, pressing the "inactivate" button on our nationwide control panel - if I were you, I'd be careful driving down hill from now on.

Sincerely,

Dick Weed
GM Executive Prick

Bill Carter 11:59 AM, May 18, 2008  

Hi Steve

Glad the achilles is feeling better and happy to hear that you got some SWAG love.

Anonymous,  4:21 PM, May 18, 2008  

Dear Speedo-dude,

Yes, I am a whore. No wait. I'm sorry. I've got more money than God. I own a whore. That's what I meant. A couple of them in fact. That 'puter you bought from me made enough money for 2 more hours with Rhonda. Yea, baby, Rhonda....let me know, I may be able to spare her for a while on Tuesday...or not.

Thanks -

Steve Jobs
Whoremonger.

teacherwoman 6:55 PM, May 18, 2008  

Glad to hear the heal is doing better!

Mendy 7:22 PM, May 18, 2008  

OMG! I'm cracking up.

Hope you're race went well. I personally like "team tightie whitie". That would have been hilarious.

Glad to hear your achilles is doing better.

IronTriTim 7:53 PM, May 18, 2008  

Wow some great vendors. I love Nuun, greatest drink going.
Heres hoping the Pontiac/GM team are runners and reading your blog, you never know ;-). Maybe mention Ferrari next time?

Anonymous,  11:18 PM, May 28, 2008  

The Yaktrax guys do some heavy blog monitoring. they posted a comment in mine the first day I mentioned using them (but just a comment, not a pair... :( )

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.