>> Thursday, January 03, 2013
NOTE: Henry's taking over for the day and writing about HIS 2012 yearly totals. My blog is yours Henry...
turd brain Dad. So here's what I have on the books for 2012:
- Swim: 50 yards. This is just a guess. And I didn't really propel myself through the water. Momma and Daddy did most of the work. Here are 4 photos of me kinda swimming:
First time in a pool on New Years 2012.
My first swim lesson back in Feb.
Before my second swim lesson in March (with my cheesy Dad).
An OWS with Momma in Lake Mary, Alexandria.
- Bike: 23.11 miles. I went on my first bike ride with Dad back in April, but that was just for 1 measly mile.
I'm in the Chariot. And there's Momma!
My parents are so. Freakin. Boring.
22 miles later, Dad woke me up to take this photo. Ass hat.
You WISH you were as aero as me.
- Run: around 600 miles. Yeah, I rocked it here! I logged exactly 511.10 miles with Dad, and probably around 100 with Mom (she's not as anal about tracking miles). I haven't ran as much lately with Mom, but I did a lot in the spring and early fall.
- Longest runs with Daddy: we did 17 runs of 10 miles or more, with THREE of those being runs of half-marathon length or longer: 13.57 miles on April 21st (1:33:07), 13.28 miles on Aug 10th (1:32:05), and 14.17 miles on Sept 23rd (1:43:14).
We did NOT set a "long run PR" this year because in Dec of 2011, Dad and I went 14.29 miles. Dad didn't know we'd gone 14.17 miles on a run in Sept of 2012 until he mapped it out afterwards - I bet he would have gone another 0.13 miles with me just to have set a PR had he known!
But we DID set a "farthest from home on a run PR" this year. Usually, Dad loops around by the river in case I wake up or need to get home quickly. (I can be a crab at times.) On that 14.17 mile run, we got 6.67 miles from home! Here's a post about that run from back in September. And here are 3 photos from that day:
Bundled up for a chilly morning run.
The fall colors on one of our FOUR trips across the Mississippi during that run.
With Momma after my run with Daddy. Momma had just ran 22 miles herself, so if
you add up the miles all 3 of us covered, you get 50.34 miles! That's our "daily family PR!"
- Races with Daddy: We did 2 races together this year: the Lake Johanna 4 Mile back in March, and the Fast Before the Feast 10K on Thanksgiving morning.
Asleep at mile 2 (see the marker?) of the 4 mile. I placed 7th.
Nearing the turn-around of the 10K. We caught those 2 guys in front of me to finish in 4th.
- Walk: 33 hours and 11 minutes with Dad, and just a bit with Momma.
So that's it for 2012. Honestly, I really DID like all the runs with Dad. Soon I'll be too big for the car seat, and we'll have to see if I still like running that far withOUT the cozy car seat (just sitting in the stroller).
Alright, bring it on 2013. Dad, I'm handing your blog back over to you....
Thanks for the year-in-review, Henry. Think we can out-do these numbers together in 2013?
No. Stop it. Stop asking. Go home.
Jeez Henry. OK. We'll treat 2013 like 2012 and just take it as it comes. I hope you still like running with me this year!
Oh, and I just took a video of Henry "helping" me with my core exercises. I'll be posting that in the next few days. Happy New Year, everyone!