Fun News!! (And the first sunburn of 2011)

>> Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Tomorrow is the TC 1 Mile - a point-to-point mile race down the streets of Minneapolis. And this brings me to 3 fun points:

• Pharmie is running it!! It will be fun to go cheer her on (and maybe run most of it with her)! She's 35.5 weeks pregnant, so she's hoping to finish in... oh, I don't know.... sub-13.

• Ryan Hall is running it!! Yes, THAT Ryan Hall! The Ryan Hall who just ran the FASTEST MARATHON EVER BY AN AMERICAN at Boston last month. How freaking sweet is that! Pharmie and I hope to stick around after her wave of the race to watch Hall try to break 4:00 for the first time ever!! (He got close in high school, but he's never done it - how cool would it be to be there when he does?!?)

• I was invited to the "TC 1 Mile Press Luncheon" which takes place a few hours before the race!! First of all, who turns down a free lunch?! Not this guy. Secondly, I don't know if Ryan Hall will be there, but how cool would it be to be able to meet Ryan Hall and ask him a few questions?!?!?! His speedy wife Sara will be running the race too. The race is the "USA 1 Mile Road Championship," and Sara was actually the female runner-up 2 years ago.

So, needless to say, tomorrow's going to be a pretty fun day!! I'll be back with photos this weekend!

Oh, and yesterday I got my first sunburn of the year. I'm not proud of this, but I am a little happy that the sun FINALLY has enough power to be able to MAKE a sunburn. Pharmie had the day off of work, so we did a lot of gardening. I slathered my wife's back with sunscreen, but her hands were already covered in lots of dirt, so I thought I could get my own back. Turns out, I should have had her help:



Oops.

TC 1 Mile for Pharmie tomorrow, and the Oakdale Duathlon for Matt and I (as the relay team of "Team Happy Pants") on Saturday! Should be a fun couple of days!!

9 comments:

Jamie 9:25 AM, May 11, 2011  

That would be awesome to meet Ryan Hall at the luncheon!
At least your burn looks artistic...fitting perhaps?

Mark 9:50 AM, May 11, 2011  

The future wifey and I are excited for the TC 1 Mile tomorrow. Forecast is for rain, but hopefully it hold off. Can't wait to see/cheer the Halls. I am jealous about the luncheon.

Bruther 11:30 AM, May 11, 2011  

big fan of the website but one question, what kind of jeans are those!

teacherwoman 2:03 PM, May 11, 2011  

It's sunburns like that that make you realize the power of sunscreen!

Katie 3:01 PM, May 11, 2011  

Yikes--what an impressive, artistic burn! OUCH!

The Boring Runner 4:45 PM, May 11, 2011  

You ARE right. It does look like canada.

Richelle 9:51 PM, May 11, 2011  

Ouch! Hope the sunburn heals quickly!

I can't wait for the TC 1 Mile tomorrow! I hope to PR, and I'm so excited to see Ryan and Sara Hall run.

Dan 10:14 PM, May 11, 2011  

Get your 25(OH)D levels checked... I used to burn easily... Since I started supplementing with D3, I actually tan rather than burn. I've done long runs, rides, and work in the yard "forgetting" to wear sunscreen and no burning... It's awesome.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.