Random Things

>> Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Here’s a list of random things that haven’t been quite important enough to post all by themselves, but together their powers combine to create some minor importance:

• About 3 months ago, I was complemented on my “Total Immersion” swim technique. I had just finished a medium-distance swim at the Y, and a woman proceeded to tell me that I had great form and that she once taught the Total Immersion swim technique. I felt cool for about an hour.

• I’m hoping for a 12 – 13 hour finish in IM.

• I’ve lost 12 pounds in the past month, and I really didn’t have 12 pounds to give. With stepping up my training, I’m down to 148 pounds. I think most of it is muscle loss, but I had a little chub to burn off. A few weeks ago, Pharmie made a comment that I had lost my love-handles (it was, appropriately, right after love-making).

• My blog recently had it’s 1 year blog-iversary and its 10,000 hit! June 14th was the one year anniversary of my athletic blog. I added a statcounter on August 13th of last year, and on June 26th, my blog rolled over to 10,000 hits!

• Last week I logged over 11,500 meters in the pool. Sweet.

• I had a 60 mile ride a week and a half ago, and then hit the breakfast HARD. The ride went well – my knee got a little sore, but I rode in a lower gear and kept my legs spinning instead of mashing and I was fine! I was pretty happy with my knee and I averaged 17.6 mph. I was teaching a class at MCAD that also offered me free meals, so I finished my early morning ride, booked it over to MCAD for the end of brunch, and had 2 platefuls of food totaling 9 strips of bacon, about 2.5 lbs of scrambled eggs, 2 Danishes, a blueberry muffin, a glass and a half of juice and milk, and a hardboiled egg.

Plate 1:


Plate 2:


I’m not sure how I lost those 12 pounds!

5 comments:

Lance Notstrong 10:29 AM, July 03, 2007  

Do they call them "love handles" because it gives you something to grab onto during "lovemaking? :-)

Unknown 10:45 AM, July 03, 2007  

Maybe the removal of the body hair plays some part in the weight loss!!!

Sounds like you're getting some good training in!

Born To Endure 1:12 PM, July 03, 2007  

Kudos on the weight loss..keep up the good work..but don't get too skinny on us!!

TRI Vortex 1:31 PM, July 03, 2007  

What is supposed to hang on to if there are no love handles? That's why I've "purposely" not lost them yet.

Allez 12:05 PM, July 05, 2007  

Mmmmm... breakfast!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.