Tag, I'm It

>> Monday, February 05, 2007

I’ve been double tagged (just like my wife), by Lance Notstrong and TriTeacher. The first task? List 6 strange or weird things about yourself. Being I recently posted “100 Things About Me” and most of those were strange, I thought I’d put a little twist on this post. This will be 6 strange or weird things about me that are athletic related. So, in no particular order, here we go:

• I drink like a CAMEL! I am a hydrate-o-holic. Water, PowerAid, Gatorade, diluted lemon flavored Carbo-Pro - they’re all good. I even have to bring 2 full water bottles to a 1 hour spinning class! Here I am just before a SPRINT Triathlon:



• I have no ass, and therefore, on long bike rides I wear 2 pairs of bike shorts. Don’t laugh. It works.

• The night before my first ever triathlon, I was at a party where I over-indulged in guacamole. The next morning, my bowels weren’t happy. I did the nasty in the bathroom 3 times in the half hour before starting the race. I LITERALY ran from the toilet to the start of the swim. It all ended OK.

• I’m getting really frustrated by my bum left knee. I’m not running at all, I’ve stopped biking/spinning, I’m stretching it out but not over working it, I’m seeing a physical therapist and doing all the stretches/exercises that she’s recommending, and it’s just not getting better. My IM dreams already seem out of reach. Update on this soon. Grrrrr...

• I like my toe cages. I don’t want to get clipless pedals. I was so happy to see a few toe cages on the bikes at IM WI 2006.

• I’m looking forward to shaving my entire body mid-summer in preparation for IM WI. Well, maybe “looking forward to it” is strong language. It’s more like I’m just curious. Sarah is too.


The second task is to answer the following 6 triathlon questions:

1. Describe a memory from your first triathlon ever.
Well, I’ll go with the guacamole/diarrhea incident that you’ve already read about earlier in this post.

2. Describe a memory from your most recent triathlon.
Mmmmmmm....... the Swedish pancakes at the end of the Chisago Lakes Triathlon. Best post triathlon food ever.

3. What’s the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you in a triathlon?
For all the embarrassing and stupid things that I do (and that I have shared with you over these past few months), I really don’t have anything very embarrassing from a triathlon. I’m just as surprised as you! I mean, I’ve peed at the start of the swim during 2 triathlons, but who hasn’t?

4. What’s the most thrilling thing that has ever happened to you in a triathlon?
Completing the 0.93 mile swim at my first Olympic distance tri and still remaining upright!

5. What is something that you discovered about yourself by doing triathlons?
I can NOT swim a straight line if my life depended on it.

6. What is “The Big Goal” that you are working towards?
Um, duh, IM WI 2007. And a rock hard body. (First off, let’s start with a healthy knee!)

Time to pass on the cooties. So, I’m going to tag XT4, Spokane Al, and TriShannon (Shannon, I see you’ve already done one of these, so your job is to do the other one). Tag, you’re it. Do either one of these, or both of these if you’d like. Go to it.

8 comments:

Lance Notstrong 9:42 AM, February 05, 2007  

Once you shave, you'll never go back.

Steve Stenzel 11:06 AM, February 05, 2007  

That's exactly what I'm afraid of!!!!

Triteacher 4:06 PM, February 05, 2007  

Oh my, and here I was blushing to the base of my schoolmarm bun at the post!!! And now I read the comments. Oh mylanta!

Get a kind doctor (or pharmacist - can they prescribe?) to order up some Piroxicam for you. It whipped my knee into shape and held it there until after Ironman. Good, good luck with this. I know how frustrating it can be.

TriShannon 8:22 PM, February 05, 2007  

Not that I would know, but pizza and beer the night before a race has a similar effect. :)

Hope the knee gets better soon!

RunBubbaRun 6:16 AM, February 06, 2007  

Ohh, shaving the entire body, that is scary and hardcore.. I hope your knee gets better. You can try some functional training, maybe that will help (single leg type of movements). Supposed to build leg strength, might help. If not DRUGS...

Lance Notstrong 8:02 AM, February 06, 2007  

The ENTIRE body??? Oh Steve, you gotta leave a little something for "personality" LOL!!!!

Steve Stenzel 11:20 AM, February 06, 2007  

Lance, I think you're right. Maybe this is too much info, but I'll be sporting the "hairy speedo" look, if you know what I mean.

Yep - probably too much info. Oh well...

John 11:29 AM, February 06, 2007  

You’re a brave man Steve! I can’t even bring myself to shave just my legs for cycling yet. Oh...the chafing!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.