Bike / Swim / Lift

>> Thursday, June 15, 2023

Tuesday morning, I got up early and I biked to the pool. (It was my "commuter bike" as my tri bike is still waiting to be fixed.) It was busy when I got to the pool: a woman got out and freed up a lane for me as I walked in, otherwise every lane already had 1 or 2 people in them. The pool opened at 6:00 and I got there at 6:30 or so.

But then all those early risers were wrapped up with their workouts as I was in the pool. The last half of my swim was DEAD. I got out of the pool 50 minutes after hopping into a full pool, only now it was empty:



I did my "broken 400s and 200s" workout that I like. It's 3x400 as 400, 2x200, and 4x100. Then 3x200 as 200, 2x100, and 4x50. I missed the button on my Garmin for the 3rd 50 near the end, so my pace chart so a gap there:


Then I ended with some slower kick drills and some easy swimming.

I was planning on heading straight home, but the weight room near the pool was quiet, so I stayed to lift quickly. I did 6x everything: back-and-forth between 8x135 lb on the bench and 15x100 lb back cable rows, pull-ups and 12x15 lb dumbbell shoulder flies, and bent bar bicep curls of 65 lbs and tri cable pull-downs:


A quiet gym. There's my bike bag and water bottle.

So THEN I biked home, but I added on a little extra. And I took it a bit more easy post-swim. Here's my beautiful (heavy, old) communter once I got back home:




3000 steps isn't great by 9 a.m., but I'd swam 2400 yards, biked
8+ miles, and lifted weights pretty hard for 45 mins. That's not bad!

p.s. I just got some news on my wrecked bike while we were at the waterpark for Henry's birthday, and I'll have more on that this weekend. Stay tuned for some "Friday Funnies" tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.