Two Good Training Weeks Before Christmas

>> Thursday, December 29, 2022

The last 2 weeks looked SURPRISINGLY good (for things being busier with Christmas prep, early Christmas parties, and 3 finals):



SWIMS: 5000 yards between the 2 swims, with a pyramid the first week and the broken 400s and 200s workout I posted about on Monday the second week.

BIKE/TRAINER: Nothing fancy here. Both weeks had Sunday instead of Saturday rides, so those weren't TOO hard (as I have my long run on Monday mornings). But both Thursday rides were nice: 4x10 min effort the first week and 8x5 min effort the second week.

RUN: Over 23 miles each week. The first Monday was my last outdoor run before we got a lot of snow. I did mile repeats on the treadmill on the first Friday, and I hope to do some more speedwork tomorrow (sticking to my "speedwork every-other week when feeling good" routine).

STRENGTH: This might be the biggest surprise. I still got in 9 hrs and 13 mins of strength work on the first week, and just over 10 hours on the second week! Strength training is something that can easily take a hit when things get busy, but I was managing to fit it all in!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.