Semi-Wordless Wednesday: My Protein / Breakfast Story

>> Wednesday, June 24, 2020

For the last year (since sometime in May or June of 2019), we've had up to 3 cases of protein on top of our basement upright freezer:


Down to 1 case now.


18 protein shakes when full.

We got them because I like them after hard/long runs or rides. But then I turned up injured in August of last year, and didn't start running until March (and not "hard" or "long"). A few months ago, I realized we still had 40 or so protein shakes ready to expire in July. So I started working out before I had breakfast (something I've NEVER done before) and then I'd have a shake afterwards. And it would hold me over until lunch. The first case I finished were all quite sludgy on the bottom (*barf*), but this final case still tastes perfect.

Before this past winter, I bet I've "skipped" breakfast maybe 10 times in the previous 5 years. And now it's the new standard - I've maybe skipped breakfast 30 times in the last 6 weeks. I'm hardly going through milk (I've starting buying half gallons) because my cereal consumption is way down. I'm enjoying it, but I don't know what to do when this case runs out. Stock up again? Or go back to more cereal? We'll see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.