Second Weekly Bike PR THIS MONTH

>> Monday, July 29, 2024

I posted about a week with 119+ miles of biking 2 weeks ago in early July. Because I had the Raspberry Run 1 Mile 8 days ago, I didn't do my long run last Monday - I've been trying to be "smarter" pre- and post-race over these last few years. So instead (because it'd be less stress on my legs), I just went out for a moderate ride. That "extra" ride for the week pumped up my distance:


Yep, that's 123.62 miles for last week!!

That's another (post-Ironman training in 2007) weekly PR! That's TWO weekly PRs this month!

For some context: every MONTH in 2021 and 2022 was less than what I rode last WEEK! (And only 1 MONTH betwen October of 2018 and April of 2023 had more miles than I biked outside last WEEK! That's 1 month in the span of 55 months with more biking that last week.)

Monday was a moderate 33 mile ride (the "extra" ride for the week, because it's normally a long run on Mondays). Tuesday was a ride to and from the pool. Thursday was 20 miles of tempo over the course of a 35 mile ride, and then 7 miles later with Charlie. And Saturday was a longer (and HOTTER) 38.5 mile ride.

So yes, July will end up as my biggest month of riding since I started tracking miles online in 2010 - I'm over 360 miles already, and will likely have 1 more short ride before the month is over. It's likely that June, July, and/or August of 2007 were bigger because of Ironman training, but I don't have a clear record of that - and being I did an Ironman that year and only biked 1,500 miles, there's also a decent chance that none of those were higher than this month as I've already biked over 1,400 miles this year. (I worked to get in my long rides, but I didn't do much else for bike training when I trained for Ironman a lifetime ago!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.