TC 1 Mile Team Results, and RACING TODAY!

>> Monday, May 28, 2018

A few weeks back was the TC 1 Mile, and I recently I saw the team results. Our women's team finished 8th out of 8 teams, just 0:10/mile out of 7th place:


"Gun times," not "chip."

Our men's team was 7th out of 12, but our team leader said that we were the first in our division! (That wasn't noted in the results, but she said that only the "red division" teams beat us, so we were the first "blue division" team.)



If you missed it, here's my race report from a few weeks ago. I'll be back with some race photos of me and my team in the next week or so.


SPEAKING OF MY TEAM, we're racing the Brian Kraft 5K later this morning! It's been HOT for a few days here (temps in the mid-90s with humidity rising), and it's supposed to be 80 degrees at the race start. I've been TOYING with the thought of not looking at my Garmin at ALL during the race and TOTALLY racing by feel. That idea scares me a bit. And if it feels too hot at the start, I don't think it'd be a good idea - that'd be 2 variables (not looking at my watch AND racing my hottest race in maybe 3 years). We'll see what I end up doing. If I decide NOT to look at my Garmin, it will be hard to not let reflex take over and look automatically when I hear it beep every 1/2 mile.

I don't have any major race goals. Last year, I ran a 17:39 at this race, but then I ran a 18:36 at a 5K back in March. I suspect I'll roughly split those times today. I'd LOVE to break 18, but that might not happen (based on training AND based on heat). Back with a race report tomorrow!! Check my tweets for a post-race update!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.