>> Wednesday, November 19, 2014
I saw something on Tumblr 2 days ago:
It kinda annoyed me. I had to reblog it WITH CORRECTIONS. You can find my post below (or go to it on my Tumblr page to see for yourself):
Two things I'd like to note:
- Sure, there's ice on my facial hair in all of those photos, but I've never frozen or gotten frostbite on any part of my face. That's just moisture getting caught on something and then freezing. It's NOT freezing my skin.
- The reason I'm so against the original image and wearing too many clothes is that it's DANGEROUS when it's that cold. You should never wear TOO LITTLE so that you freeze (duh), but when you wear TOO MUCH you get hot, start to take off layers and expose sweaty skin, and then THAT'S when you can really be in trouble. Sweaty skin hitting freezing temps is a recipe for frostbite.
Oh, and here are 4 of the links from that tumblr post:
• Race report (and LOTS of photos) from the 20-25 below 0 10K.
• My PSA from 2008 on how to run outside in the winter.
• THEE most important layer to have on for winter running!!
• That time I got frostbite on my penis. Click it. Thank me later.