Friday Funny 369: Steeplechase Fails

>> Friday, August 03, 2012

As my high-school friend Joe said, "It's only funny when someone gets hurt." Joe was kind of a dick.

Because track and field is getting ready to start at the Olympics, I thought I'd share some pretty dramatic "Steeplechase Fails." These get more intense as you go from the 1st to the 4th.

Yes, he hit his head on the bottom, but the video caption said he was just fine.

In this one, you think it's funny at 2 seconds. But wait for it at 5 seconds... Poor guy.

On a related note, here's the biggest, baddest cyclocross wipeout I've seen. It's called "Joey's OK," and I hope that's true. (Oh, and I don't know why it says "Triathlon Mega Fail." It's most definitely cyclocross.)

Joey had better be OK. Or I'm a horrible person for laughing. And for watching this 17 times...


Jayson 4:30 PM, August 03, 2012  

No worries, Steve.

Joey is in fact okay! This happened a few miles from my house and triggered a rash of t-shirt sales.

And more details and pics from the event.

Steve Stenzel 4:36 PM, August 03, 2012  

Oh my God, Jayson. That is fantastic! :) Thanks for posting that. I'm glad Joey's REALLY OK!

ratherbeswimming 6:52 PM, August 03, 2012  

#4 is from my Alma Mater. So proud!! :)

Mark 7:30 PM, August 03, 2012  

They were just disappointed because it wasn't a mud run and doing their best to fix that.

Kazi 10:22 PM, August 07, 2012  

holy crap! I'm ashamed to say I laughed out loud. Thankfully I'm on the other side of the house from my sleeping baby.

So far I've watched "Joey's ok" 4 times... by the end of my work day tomorrow I should be at around 17.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!


Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2016 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.