Start of the "Ask Steve" Column

>> Thursday, May 06, 2010

I've been wanting to do this for a while. Not because I have TONS to offer, but just because I might have a LITTLE to offer. And my blog might be a good platform for some questions / issues.

If anyone has a question about my approach to racing, training, or blogging, just leave a comment on any post (or use the "Contact Steve" link at the top to shoot me an e-mail) and ask me a question. If there's anything you want to know about the way I do things (and why), this is your chance to get an answer. I'm pretty open. I'll share anything.

OR

If you have a question that you think readers of my blog will be able to help you answer, do the same (leave a comment on any post [or use the "Contact Steve" link at the top to shoot me an e-mail] and ask me a question).

If I'm able to use your question, I'll link to your blog or website if you'd like (that is, if you have a blog or a website - duh).

Back story: Last August, I posted a question for a friend about what to do with a significant other who doesn't support all of your athletic endeavors. She really got some good advice from all the comments, so I thought I'd make this a "regular column" on my blog. So if you have questions about the way I do something, or if you have questions that you think other people might be able to help with, please let me know!

And to get things started, I have a very unique question from a wanna-be triathlete who has a unique issue that I'm not sure how to help with. I'll post her question and ask for your help later this morning. Please check back. Thanks everyone!

4 comments:

RW 6:49 AM, May 06, 2010  

I would love to hear more about your cycling gear, particularly your (and Pharmie's) bikes. I'm new to triathlon and trying to decide on a bike so hearing about pros cons of different components (particularly the whole sora, tiagra, 105, ultegra distinction - and how different those feel in practice). Also, it seems like you use your trainer a lot in the winter is there anything special in addition to the trainer itself (i have an old cycleops from my brother) you need to rig it up to work? Does it destroy your tires or wheels? How often do you have to replace tires anyway?

Lots of newbie questions here :-)

cdnhollywood 7:39 AM, May 06, 2010  

Here's my question (and I'm not sure I want the answer) - what made you start snapping pics of yourself in the porto at races? And do you disinfect the camera for Pharmie?

:D

Kim 7:56 AM, May 06, 2010  

your nipples seem to make an appearance quite a bit - do they ever chafe/bleed? also. this whole matt being single thing. i think you guys should take a trip to boston. i guess that's an order, rather than a question. oh well.

Jayson 10:09 AM, May 06, 2010  

I might also suggest that you and readers of your site check out http://www.triathlonanswers.com/ I've been answering/asking questions there for a few months and it would be great to build up the user base a bit. It's a great resource.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.